open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Problem in biurn tool; "Fail to init usb" error

+13
Saff
erduarte
marcus18
AdrianC
banderkin80
sterken64
CE Geek
blujeenz
BiQ
vova_ua
atomico
Oto
sina_n
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Oto

Master
Master

The burntool should work for your machine, but why it doesn't no idea. Maybe try burntool for ak3xxx as ak7802 emulates it when flashing.

atomico

but otoluk, what i don't understand is that you wrote:

-> P.S. On zenithink there is only ROM for ZT-180 Ipad clone which is not anyka CPU

... so how should i use this burntool for my AK7802 when the ROM is not for the anyka CPU ?!?!?

and how should i do this: "Maybe try burntool for ak3xxx" ?!

what is ak3xxx ?!?!?!

Trying to use Burntool V07.2, it doesn't work, device 10 not even goes green after connecting although win7 detects M3CHIPUSB !

can you please explain to me in a few steps how you think that this burntool should work on the AK7802 netbook?

There is only one posibility using this burntool like i understood, putting the following two files from the CE 1.52 file from the zenithinkside into the setting:

uboot-img: u-boot

wince-img: 10P_EN_V1.52.1024x576 (or 10P_EN_V1.52.1024x600)

sorry otoluk, i have absolutely no idea what you mean scratch

Oto

Master
Master

I said that there is no official ROM for our machines. The one at Zenithink site is for totally different device. I didn't say that you should try the ZT-180(IMAPx220 CPU) burntool which is not for anyka CPU.

What I meant is that the only working ROM for noname netbooks is leaked 1.9 ROM. If it doesn't work then I have no clue. Have you set the RAM type to DDR? Can you read the mainboard number(under wifi) and make photo of mainboard?

AK3xxx is anyka platform for mobile devices and the burntool is similar, try to copy in place of original. See attachments:
1. Burntool 2.1.3.
or try
3. My config.txt which works

Oto

Master
Master

sterken64 wrote:

hynix
HY27UT088G2A = 8Gb NAND FLASH

Maybe the problem is because flash chip is not supported as I don't find such number in config.txt? Does your netbook have touchscreen?

atomico

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

atomico

that's the foto of my mainboard.

sorry, i don't know neither where the mainboardnumber is nor where the wifi is located.

i tried to find out but i know nearly nothing about this theme.

can you describe where the number is located? on which chip or area of the mainboard on this photo?

At the burntool from 1.90, RAM type is automatically set to DDR by the programm.

And i can't find this in config.text:

hynix
HY27UT088G2A = 8Gb NAND FLASH

Is this the answer to your question?

My Netbook doesn't have touchscreen.

You wrote that you not say that i should try the ZT-180(IMAPx220 CPU) burntool which is not for anyka CPU, but you wrote also:

The burntool should work for your machine, but why it doesn't no idea.

aren't these two contrary opinions? i am sorry when i misunderstood something.

Oto

Master
Master

Seems like a typical netbook, should be working.
What Hynix flash number it has as I can't read it is it the same as HY27UT088G2A?
The mainboard number is under the add-on board with wires attached to board with sticky pads. You can carefully pull it off.

I meant that the original burntool from 1.9ROM or cnmbook should work. I also attached other version "Burntool 2.1.3" which you could try.

When you are trying to flash is the DL_JUMPER connected all the time? I use the procedure as follows, start the burntool, set the settings and only then short the jumper and click Start. It works all the time, have reflashed around 5x times.

blujeenz

Youngling
Youngling

atomico wrote:that's the foto of my mainboard.

sorry, i don't know neither where the mainboardnumber is nor where the wifi is located.

can you describe where the number is located? on which chip or area of the mainboard on this photo?

Its under the Wifi card top left of your photo, the card is the one with the 4 wires going to the usb port.

This is what my one looks like, luckily for me the wifi card wasn't put on top of the number.

Also be very gentle pulling off the rubber tape otherwise you might also pull off pcb tracks too.

Sad

sterken64

I give up ! (for the moment!)

After spending two days with all kinds of drivers and fiddling with the settings still no luck !

Using the original NT670 software from zenithink did not do the trick.
I suspect that the Nand-flash was pre-programmed in the factory.
I can't flash it through te USB port.

On my board i noticed an extra port that is directly connected with the CPU (J-TAG maybe?)
I will check into this, but for the moment i am very dissapointed with this chinese crappy notebook.
So i will focus my energy on more productive challenges

Thank you all guys, for giving hints and tips.

Grettings

The dutch guy

sterken64

AT LAST ! IT WORKS AGAIN !

After another round with the notebook, succes at last.
The problem was so simple i did not notice at first.
The USB cable i used was very porely shielded, and was not twisted-pair.
After searching in the cellar i found another USB cable.
Connected it to the notebook and VOILA, it burned the flash rom in no time.
So winCE is running again.

Next step is flashing linux on this machine.

will keep you posted about this!

Greetings from the dutch guy.

Oto

Master
Master

That's good news. Recently I tried to update firmware for Nokia phone throught USB and it failed with unknown problem. Then when I plugged the USB in back USB ports and not in front it flashed OK. So the lesson is do not use long USB cables and USB hubs/front ports for flashing.

37A Problem in biurn tool; "Fail to init usb" error - Page 2 Empty not solved Thu 13 Jan 2011 - 14:49

banderkin80

Youngling
Youngling

I tried all but nothing! I have pc with win xp, supports USB 2.0, male2male usb 2.0 awg28 cable. But i dont know what kind of netbook i have. How can i check my hardware, i mean how to open cover to make a picture of my m/b?

blujeenz

Youngling
Youngling

You need to dismantle the entire netbook, including the screen too.

The keyboard comes off first, theres 2 machine screws holding it on and they are usually hidden under little stickers, then you use toothpicks to unhook the 4 plastic catches at the screen side of the k/b and it pops out.

Dont just pull, you need to unhook the k/b ribbon cable first, the connectors have a little plastic insert that you first pull before you yank on the cable.

After the k/b you do the screen, 4 screws hold on the front trim which gives you access to undo the hinges.

After that main top and bottom covers can come off.

Dont muddle up the different screws, the 2 longer ones are used for the battery lid.

banderkin80

Youngling
Youngling

otoluk wrote:Sorry ak8802 seems not compatible with ak7802 burntool, so no luck, that is why "usb init error".
Are you absolutely sure about this ?

Oto

Master
Master

It seems so, as no one with ak8802 is able to connect the USB.

AdrianC

CE Geek wrote:That's not an Anyka device, blujeenz - yours has one of the Via CPUs (most likely WM8505). The reflash images from this site won't flash to that device.

Looks like I've got the same device as blujeenz sat here - a friend's just bought it, and roped me into making it useful. I know, I know. Miracles take a little longer.

Anyway - it's badged "Allfine PC703 UMPC", but has the "Wireless Book" splashscreen.

Boot starts with "Loading OS Image...", then adds the splash above "Loading OS Image". Then the message changes to "Loading device drivers...", again under the splash, but with XP-style progress bar. Then it pops to a WinCE login screen, asking for a password.

Except it's fresh out the box, so nobody knows the password. It's clearly a return. Gawd knows how they managed that, because the vendor doesn't want to know...

So - what to do with it? The CnM reset procedure doesn't work - and now I know why. There's no reset jumper visible - the case is identical, but the mobo appears different.

42A Problem in biurn tool; "Fail to init usb" error - Page 2 Empty Fail to init usb Wed 16 Feb 2011 - 22:35

marcus18

Hello
I have found the answer to the "Fail to init usb" error
on the pc, go to the system settings and delete the usb device for the netbook
let it reinstall and all will work
I found the USB drivers only work the once for some reason
I hope this helps you

43A Problem in biurn tool; "Fail to init usb" error - Page 2 Empty how Thu 17 Feb 2011 - 8:07

banderkin80

Youngling
Youngling

marcus18 wrote:Hello
I hope this helps you

Step by step plz.
1. Delete usb device.
2. reinstall. system will install the same driver i think.
is it right? do you have pc with WinXP or Win7? What kind of CPU inside yer netbook (anyka ak7702 or anyka ak8802)? What kind of cabel do you have? photo plz if you can.

marcus18

I hope this helps you
Hello again
Sorry about the lack of info
My PC is running windows XP Pro
My netbook is
Version 1.90
Hardware Version 3.0
CPU: ARM 926EJ-S 248 MHz
Release: SV122
RAM: 128 M
Video decoder: 1
And the cable i used is for an external hard disk
What i did was open the devive manager and expand the USB controllers
and found one with a yellow triangle and uninstall it sorry i cant remember what it was called
Once uninstalled replug in the netbook it will then reinstall the drivers press start on the burntool and faypresto all done
But on another note i could not have done it without this site very very helpful
and thanks for all your help

banderkin80

Youngling
Youngling

[quote="marcus18"]

As I know cables for external HDD is not USB-USB male at both ends but USB-miniUSB. Is not it ?

marcus18

[quote="banderkin80"]
marcus18 wrote:

As I know cables for external HDD is not USB-USB male at both ends but USB-miniUSB. Is not it ?

47A Problem in biurn tool; "Fail to init usb" error - Page 2 Empty "fail init usb" Thu 24 Mar 2011 - 16:15

erduarte

sina_n wrote:I managed to download a version of 1.90, as I supposed it to be, so I started to use burn tool and the 1.90 Rom in order to have my German PC 703 in English.

When I press the start button, the progress goes on till "init usb" part. After that the burn tool says "fail to init usb" and it stops.

Nothig esle, damn!

I didn't install activesynch or anything else, do I have to?
Thanks in advance

Friends, I spent sleepless nights to solve this problem, "Fail to init USB" but I decided to lowering the speed of transmission:
open the config file in notepad, find the line that says "with baud rate = 38400" and change 38400 to 14400.
I hope you use this infomação.

I am using translator.

Edson Ricardo Duarte.

Saff

Its not a problem!!!!!Try to brick for more times with pincette like on photo and it will starts to burn!!!I have the same problem and had strong push the pincette in that wholes for about 10 times and after it starts!I have reflashed like U,but my netbook didnt starts...

Saff

Guys,dont change nothing!There are bad contact!Try for few times!And it will starts!!!Wrote plz,when will reflash if netbook starts,my dont!!!

pr3ston

I also hat the problems with "Fail to init usb" error. I bought a Cable just for the nandflash but it dosn't work wiht it. Then i also used the USB cable form my external harddriv and if works !

sorry for the poor english, hopes it helps anyway Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum