open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Problem in biurn tool; "Fail to init usb" error

+13
Saff
erduarte
marcus18
AdrianC
banderkin80
sterken64
CE Geek
blujeenz
BiQ
vova_ua
atomico
Oto
sina_n
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

sina_n

I managed to download a version of 1.90, as I supposed it to be, so I started to use burn tool and the 1.90 Rom in order to have my German PC 703 in English.

When I press the start button, the progress goes on till "init usb" part. After that the burn tool says "fail to init usb" and it stops.

Nothig esle, damn!

I didn't install activesynch or anything else, do I have to?
Thanks in advance

Oto

Master
Master

Activesync is not working on these machines.

Have you installed USB driver? You should connect Netbook to PC only shortly before clicking start and make sure that DL_jumper is shorted for whole duration of update.

sina_n

otoluk wrote:Activesync is not working on these machines.

Have you installed USB driver? You should connect Netbook to PC only shortly before clicking start and make sure that DL_jumper is shorted for whole duration of update.

Yes, I have done that, and the PC recognized the usb device properly. burn tool's get's yellow then, but after after 15 seconds of progress everything fail with that message.

Oto

Master
Master

Maybe try to change the channel number under settings or change the usb port speed in ini file.

sina_n

I Tried with 1-7 channel, none of them worked. I didn't find a ini file containing usb speed. I also have a burn.ini file which contains nothing except:
Code:

[Lang]
Lang=English

I doubt if my burn tool and other file are wrong; Thus I uploaded it. I will be thankful if you check it.
partition.rar - 21.1 Mb I love you

Oto

Master
Master

Maybe first try to change under chip settings from USB2 to USB1:
### Chip
chip type = AK_3224
chip uboot = 1
chip auto download = 0
chip clock = 84
chip power off gpio = 255
chip usb2 = 1
chip get aid = 0
chip update = 0

And if it doesn't help play with COM baud rate:
### COM
com bOpen = 0
com base = 1
com count = 1
com baud rate = 38400

sina_n

Thanks, But I faced another problem hihh......
My rear usb doesn't work any more? why? I don't know?
The problem is mighty because of my job with opening he case fully and making the jumper short circuited permanently. Then when I removed that jumper, The usb didn't work any more, the right usb ports still work, I don't know where did I damaged?

atomico

hi folks

i've got the same problem with the "fail to init usb" message and i also tried the 1st 7 channels without success.

i wanted to try changing the chip settings and playing with COM baud rate as described above but my problem is that i have absolutely no idea how i can get to these points. i found nothing in the net.

so, please, can someone describe step by step how i can get to them on a pc running WinXP?

thanks a lot!

Last edited by atomico on Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 18:13; edited 1 time in total

vova_ua

about problem with usb init.. if you connect contacts near the battery/ try to change option in burning tool from sd ram to ddr... attention at version of firmware? at another firmwares device not start...

Oto

Master
Master

The options are from "config.txt" file.

atomico

thank you for telling me that the options where located on some file at the tool

but:

chip settings for usb are already set like this: chip usb2 = 1

the option is set to ddr already in the burn tool

i just tried playing with the com baude rate but with no success, i tried the following numbers:

10000 35000 36000 37000 38000 38400 39000 40000 45000 80000

Sad

where is the usb port .ini file located for changing the usb speed?

any other idea?!

i have the same problem like sina_n who described the same problem under another topic in this forum:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i also use Version 1.90

BiQ

I've found solution. You have to install usb 2.0 driver to your computer. I've done that and everything works Wink

atomico

i have usb 2.0 already on my asus eee pc 901go running windows 7 but still the message comes (fail to init usb)

i also tried it with a laptop running win xp also with usb 2.0 ...

another idea?

Last edited by atomico on Tue 23 Nov 2010 - 21:16; edited 1 time in total

blujeenz

Youngling
Youngling

atomico, Im fairly sure (not a programmer or anything) that the configs.txt file with burntool handles the port speeds of the tool so there wont be a separate USB config file as such.

I tried all the standard windows modem speeds like 38400 115200 etc and also got nowhere.

Something that has occurred to me is that my netbook doesn't have the startup messages in the top left corner, like v1.9 128m etc.

Mine starts immediately with the logo which in my case says "Wireless Book". I had to take the entire thing apart just to id the cpu chip so I could work from there.

the other odd thing is all the roms and O.S. packs I've downloaded have the startup logo named logo.bmp, and mine is called startup.bmp, in other words we may have a very different type of netbook which needs handling in its own special way.

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

That's not an Anyka device, blujeenz - yours has one of the Via CPUs (most likely WM8505). The reflash images from this site won't flash to that device.

atomico

...but my little book is definately an anykadevice, it is just called '7" notebook' as it is written on a sticker at the bottom and it is version 1.90...

and i can't change the chip settings - is this the same: chip settings from usb and port speed from usb?

blujeenz

Youngling
Youngling

CE Geek wrote:That's not an Anyka device, blujeenz - yours has one of the Via CPUs (most likely WM8505). The reflash images from this site won't flash to that device.

Nope it has an Anyka Ak8802 cpu, I assume its an "Anyka device" but of course I could be wrong seeing as none of the SD card loads or burntool loads work.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

Well, I could be wrong too. The splash screen is the same as the one for the WM8505, and I figured the AK8802 would use the generic "Windows CE" splash screen like my AK7802 device did.

blujeenz

Youngling
Youngling

Actually all the documentation, box and system properties in control panel said it is a WM8505 cpu.
These Chinese folk seem fond of camoflage/red herrings, makes for very distracting software tracking.

Oto

Master
Master

Sorry ak8802 seems not compatible with ak7802 burntool, so no luck, that is why "usb init error".

atomico

i opened my little book and it is an AK7802(TQ21605) and i tried all but it is still like dead, only the lights appear shortly when pushing the power button. using burntool for version 1.90, 'fail to init usb' appears 13 seconds after 'init usb' appears. i have usb 2.0 and i played with the com baude rate but nothing happens.

does someone have another idea what i can try?

sterken64

Hello fellow victims,

I've been torturing myself to get my notebook from brick state to working state.

This is what i have encountered so far.

First i looked inside the notebook and found the following hardware.

Chips in the notebook from zenith. ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

motherboard = RoHS ZT-NT-670-V3.0_main

ANYKA CPU
AK7802Q21605 = ARM926EJ-S 216 MHZ ARM processor with DSP en Memory management
FS01D9

WCH
CH374U = USB chip with 3 ports (backport = USB 2.0 sideports are 1.1)

DAVICOM
DM9000AEP = Ethernet interface controller

PULSE
M1102NL = ethernet 100Mb in/out module

Unknown chip on miniprint = Display/keyboard/touchpad ??

hynix
HY27UT088G2A = 8Gb NAND FLASH

Nanya
NT5DS32M16CS-5T = 32Mbx16 SDRAM DDR 400

SAMSUNG
SWL-A20S = Atheros 6002 WiFi Chip

I tried a million times to reflash the notebook, but indeed, as described by atomico, the upload/download fails several seconds after messaging "init USB"

Offcourse i fiddled with all the settings in config.txt but nothing works!!!!

In that short time (after init usb and the error mesage) i hear my XP laptop making the sound that the usb device has been removed.
And then te trouble starts.

XP finds a "unknown device", and after telling my laptop that he has to use the M3USB drivers, he keeps telling me that he did not find any newer drivers. (and it stays unknown)

I tried to fool the laptop by changing USB ports ( 4 in total) and do the driver installation in different ways.

But all efforts fails.

It seems to be a problem in the USB chip/Driver on this motherboard.
Maybe someone could give me a hint ???
for example: fiddling in the register/inf-file of the driver.
i use the M3USB driver from CNM lifestyle

I am going to fiddle some more with the drivers, but that will be a painstaking experience.

I would be very greatfull if someone would share his experience with flashing his notebook ( even if it was a succes!)

greetings from the dutchman.
bounce

blujeenz

Youngling
Youngling

Hi Sterken64
I know it sounds obvious, but have you used the software from the Zenithink site?
Its over here Zenithink software

They have a different burntool, burntool_v07.2.exe which at this link. burntool

The software image is here. Win Ce english versiion

At the very least you know that it is a Zenithink ZT-N670 device. Smile

Oto

Master
Master

Let me make it clear:
Anyka noname netbook with ak7802 (248/266 Mhz) Fake 128MB RAM and WINCE 5.0 is based on ZT-NT670 mainboard and looks like this:
Anyka noname netbook with ak8802 (300Mhz) and WINCE 6.0 is based on ZT-N770 and looks like this:
Anyka noname tablet(touchscreen netbook) with WINCE 5.0 is based on ZT-N670touch

The ROMs are only for the ak7802 netbook so make sure which netbook do you have and what the original WINCE version was and why you want to reflash?
The ROM <1.9 for Cnmbook doesn't work on noname.

P.S. On zenithink there is only ROM for ZT-180 Ipad clone which is not anyka CPU

Last edited by otoluk on Tue 14 Jun 2011 - 12:15; edited 2 times in total

atomico

so, CAN i use this zenithink USBburntool for my noname ak7802 netbook? and, if so, do i have to put some files from the other, the 'old' burntoolsoftware 1.90 into it? and then, which files should i copy to 'uboot-img' and 'wince-img'?!

- or does it not make sense?!

sorry if i maybe misunderstood something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum