open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

REGISTRY TWEAKS (TESTED) ANYKA ON AK780x 64MB (...fake 128!)

+9
Oto
1dod1
Intron
themountie
Admin
zaphod
nitro
CE Geek
Khephren
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1dod1

Youngling
Youngling

Hello everyone. Who knows what the registry is responsible for the inclusion wi-fi (now invisible markups below that there is a wifi) Question

Oto

Master
Master

Enable cleartype fonts(smoothing):

Create registry key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\ClearType]
No value just an empty directory

Adjust gamma settings for cleartype:

; Settings to enable gamma adjustment
; Valid values for gamma values range between 1000 and 2200.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\Gamma]
"Gamma Value"=dword:1500

Default is 1500. Values below 1500 looks best for me Smile. 2200 was overkill with too much coloring No

Compare:
Cleartype off(default):
REGISTRY TWEAKS (TESTED) ANYKA ON AK780x 64MB (...fake 128!) - Page 2 Cleart10
Cleartype on:
REGISTRY TWEAKS (TESTED) ANYKA ON AK780x 64MB (...fake 128!) - Page 2 Cleart11

It looks amazingly good in reality and the memory impact doesn't seem too heavy(100KB for desktop) but CPU/RAM loads should be somehow tested. For such a small display(800x480) it is necessary as it almost doubles the resolution for text.

Oto

Master
Master

Khephren wrote:PERSISTANT DESKTOP ICONS, PROGRAMS, AND STARTUP PROGRAMS
[b]

The values of these subkeys will be "Windows\Programs," "Windows\Desktop," and "Windows\StartUp," respectively. Change these to "Flash2\Windows\Programs," "Flash2\Windows\Desktop," and

WARNING: The description is wrong "Flash2\Windows\Desktop" should be "\Flash2\Windows\Desktop" otherwise there will be black screen(did it) after reboot as "flash2" without backslash in front "" means to follow URL, so desktop will be looked up on internet and not on local drive Laughing

The settings can be tested instantly so DO NOT REBOOT until you are not sure that paths are right:

To test:
1. When desktop registry key is changed switch to desktop and push F5 key so the desktop is reloaded from new path. Test by creating new folder and it should appear under \Flash2\Windows\Desktop if not then something is wrong and DO NOT reboot until it is fixed or put back as default
2. The same applies for Programs and Startup if everything is right under Start the Programs folder shouldn't dissapear.

Admin please fix(add backslash in front everywhere) the original post as soon as possible because by strictly following it the UMPC will be bricked.

P.S. Strange but after scandisk under "storage manager" all files what I copied from Windows\Programs to Flash2 are lost and there are lot of "lost cluster" files.

Last edited by otoluk on Mon 30 Aug 2010 - 10:27; edited 2 times in total

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

That is correct. I'm correcting that error in the original tutorial I wrote on HPC:Factor.

Oto

Master
Master

Khephren wrote:FONT GLYPHS

Enable FileSystem cache

To enable the FileSystem cache, speeding up overall performance at the risk of the cache not being written on a sudden reset:

For flash2 drive it safe to turn the cache on as it uses TFAT (transaction-safe)filesystem so it won't corrupt FAT but still files can get truncated in powerloss/reset event. Of course there is performance penalty in using TFAT but don't know if it is big. Neverless for TFAT filesystem it is better to not use cache an do "atomic writes". I don't know if anyka doesn't do buffering in a hardware level,it should be investigated.

Improve File System Throughput

Khephren wrote:
Note that by default, the cache size is zero, and you will see no effect. See "Increase FileSystem cache" below to increase the cache size.

Increase FileSystem cache

To increase the file system cache:
HKLM\System\StorageManager\FATFS\CacheSize = 4096 (DWORD decimal)

This seems wrong as:
CacheSize: REG_DWORD Indicates the size of the disk cache, in number of sectors. This value must be a power of 2 and at least 16 sectors. If set to zero, FATFS will determine the best cache size to use.

So it is already enabled by default

Oto

Master
Master

Safer way for editing registry:

1. Before modifications do a backup of the registry key using "Tascal(TRE) registry editor"
2. Associate .reg files with "tascal regedit" under view.
3. Put a shortcut of registry file under WinCE Startup folder(note:permament folders tweak)
4. Do modifications/tweaks of registry key
5. Restart
6. While CE is booting hold Shift key, the Startup will be bypassed and if all is working fine then the backup shortcut can be removed later
7. If it doesn't boot properly(screen is blank/touch not working etc) then without holding Shift key the .reg backup will be restored after pressing Enter

This won't work in all cases of course but have saved me sometimes from need to reflash the ROM. Sadly the TRE regedit asks "Yes/No" before importing the file so if keyboard/mouse is not working then no luck.

juanchop

great teaks... tks!

hatyri

I just make directories

\Flash2\My Dokuments
\Flash2\Windows\Desktop
\Flash2\Windows\Favorites
\Flash2\Windows\Programs
\Flash2\Windows\Startup
\Flash2\Program Files

and copy
\Windows\Desktop to \Flash2\Windows\Desktop
\Windows\Favorites to \Flash2\Windows\Favorites
\Windows\Programs to \Flash2\Windows\Programs
\Program Files to \Flash2\Program Files

then modify registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - System - Explorer - Shell Folders
Desktop - \Flash2\Windows\Desktop
Favorites - \Flash2\Windows\Favorites
My Documents - \Flash2\My Dokuments
Program Files - \Flash2\Program Files
Programs - \Flash2\Windows\Programs
Startup - \Flash2\Windows\Startup

Few programs more and this netbook is excellent workhorse in network testing.
Terminal Server Client (RDP windows/ubuntu), Putty, vncview, vxUtil, Sniffi, Netcat, ftpserver, OperaMini5, MortScript,etc.

I also copy my FTDI usb-serial driver files to \Flash2\Windows. But I don't use these yet. Becouse wifi don't work when use custom DLL path. I try found solution for this. Mortscript is not good solution what I use now to copy own DLL to \Windows directory at statup.

Last edited by hatyri on Sat 4 Dec 2010 - 9:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Loader DLL and wifi)

Oto

Master
Master

You don't need to change Windows to flash2 for custom DLL files. There is an option for setting additional DLL paths in windows CE. Let me remember what was the registry setting for that. Neutral

edit: The search path defined in the registry is:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Launch]
“SystemPath”= multi_sz:”some path”,”some other path”,…

http://geekswithblogs.net/BruceEitman/archive/2009/02/07/windows-ce-setting-the-system-path.aspx

Hmm... or is it "loader" and not "launch"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms886736.aspx

hatyri

otoluk wrote:You don't need to change Windows to flash2 for custom DLL files. There is an option for setting additional DLL paths in windows CE. Let me remember what was the registry setting for that. Neutral

edit: The search path defined in the registry is:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Launch]
“SystemPath”= multi_sz:”some path”,”some other path”,…

http://geekswithblogs.net/BruceEitman/archive/2009/02/07/windows-ce-setting-the-system-path.aspx

Hmm... or is it "loader" and not "launch"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms886736.aspx

When I use loader with path \Flash2\Windows\ wifi don't work. There is not link in network settings. If I take that loader away or use path \Windows\ wifi work again. Even both path in loader don't work. All else work what make me little confuse why only that. Is that trust issue or what?
I try copy \Windows\RT2870.dll to \Flash2\Windows\ or some where else but copying is imposimble. So only solution as yet is use mortscript to copy ftdi_ser.dll and ftdiport.inf to \Windows\ automatically every startup. It's mean serial-adabter cannot be connected at startup. That mortscript is very usefull and I use that for many wince gps-navigation device.

hatyri

There is builtin working webserver

First backup or export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Comm - HTTPD (helps if you make something wrong)

Startin server
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Comm - HTTPD
IsEnable = 1

Modify also webserver default
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Comm - HTTPD - VROOTS - /
Default = \windows\www\wwwpub\default.htm
Path = \windows\www\wwwpub
Userlist = ADMIN
Also remove Redirect

Restart and test http://localhost
Server default page is \windows\www\wwwpub\default.htm

If you want move you webpages \Flash2 you need more work to do
Place index.htm webpage \Flash2\windows\www\ directory (do you self or copy /windows/www/wwwpub/default.htm)

Make directory \Flash2\Windows\www

Modify
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Comm - HTTPD
IsEnable = 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Comm - HTTPD - Public - VROOTS - /
Default = \Flash2\windows\www\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Comm - HTTPD - VROOTS - /
Default = \Flash2\windows\www\index.htm
Path = \Flash2\windows\www
Userlist = ADMIN
Also remove Redirect

Restart and test http://localhost

Other thinking and warning..
Maybe you want to do remove these. I'm not tested what happend..
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Comm - HTTPD - VROOTS - /MsmqAdmin
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Comm - HTTPD - VROOTS - /remoteadmin
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Comm - HTTPD - VROOTS - /remoteadminimages

sillyb

Another registry entry I find useful is:

HKLM\Software\apps\Microsoft Application Installer\nDynamicDelete = 0 (DWORD decimal)

This will keep windows from deleting a cab file after installation runs.

Also, HKLM\Software\apps\ is where the remove program entries are stored. If a program won't uninstall from the control panel applet you can delete the key to get it off the list manually.

Maxshall

Youngling
Youngling

чем редактировать реестр?

Oto

Master
Master

Registry can be edited using:
1. PHM registry editor
2. Tascal registry editor

and many more

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

It can even be edited in Total Commander:

http://www.ghisler.com/ce.htm

Maxshall

Youngling
Youngling

"is not valid Windows CE application" Crying or Very sad

Maxshall

Youngling
Youngling

shit Chinese pancake Sad

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

You run the installer on your PC to generate the CAB file you need (with ActiveSync installed on the PC). But there's also a download link for the CAB file itself:

http://www.ghisler.com/wince2x.htm

Use the "arm/xscale/pxa" link.

Oto

Master
Master

On anyka devices you should extract CAB files manually as few installers are working correctly. The Anyka reports device platform wrongly and installers doesn't recognize it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum