open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

WiFi useless

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WiFi useless Empty WiFi useless Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 23:27

floxli

I am having serious doubts about the recent purchase of an AllFine PC703 mini netbook, according to the machine it is running WinCE version 5.00 (build 1400)
Processor AKARM, ARM926-AKC
Memory 119376kb

I bought it for the wife and son to keep up with their emails etc (even though their smartphones have more processing power!!)
At first glance it appeared to be the ideal compact machine, and it would be but for one major problem:

On the taskbar is the WiFi icon - it is lit up, has no red cross through it and on checking the netbook is able to find my router as well as all the wireless routers in th local area. It even tells me it is connected to my router, until I try to go online and I get "Cannot find Server or DNS Error"
I thought it might be a compatability problem with my router but trying it elsewhere with other open routers is no better.

Anyone who can offer any suggestions as to why this is happening and how I may fix the problem would bwe greatly appreciated before this machine ends up in the bin.

Many thanks in anticipation What a Face

Okay, to increase the information available, ran "ndisconfig" and eventually, (with the aid of a video camera - damn it vanishes off the screen quick) got the following reading:

<Protocols: NDISUI0 PPP TCPIP PPPOE MBRIDGE NATIVE
Adapters: AR6K_SD1 PPPOE1 ASYNCMAC1 DM9000X
Adapter Bindings
------- --------
AR6K_SD1 TCPIP6 TCPIP NDISUI0
PPPOE1 PPP
ASYNCMAC1 PPP
DM9000x NDISUI0 TCPIP TCPIP6>

Don't know if that makes any sense to anyone out there??

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum