open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

No Wifi after re-flashing!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No Wifi after re-flashing! Empty No Wifi after re-flashing! Tue 17 May 2011 - 19:09

kelzkeen

I flashed my netbook with v1.90 after being n
stuck on system initializing forever. My netbook
now works but i have no wifi, no icon and no
option to create new. I just get Unidentified
USB Device at start up, but it seems I have no driver
|! If anyone can help?

2No Wifi after re-flashing! Empty Re: No Wifi after re-flashing! Sun 16 Oct 2011 - 13:51

Don

Hi, I am new to this forum and had to reflash my Disgo Net Browser 3000 using Anyka 1.90 firmware. All went well but I have no wifi, can not connect in activesync, outlook or messenger. The device initializes and boots ok but comes up with a message box asking for a "Undefined USB Device", Enter the name of the driver for the USB device. I think this is what is causing the no connection problems.

Can anyone help me to sort this out please???

3No Wifi after re-flashing! Empty Re: No Wifi after re-flashing! Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 13:19

Oto

Master
Master

Try the FixWifi tool from - http://www.digitalgadgets.com/mini-netbook.php

4No Wifi after re-flashing! Empty Re: No Wifi after re-flashing! Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 14:44

Don

Tried that but doesn't run, Can't find FIXWIFI or one of it's components error. Also I don't think the driver is loading for the Wifi in the first place ie "Undefined USB device". What I need is the driver first & then see if the problems correct themselves. I have also tried reflashing with V1.90 about 3 times still leaving the "Undefined USB device" error on windows ce startup.

5No Wifi after re-flashing! Empty Re: No Wifi after re-flashing! Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 14:55

Oto

Master
Master

Because 1.9 ROM the wifi has some problems. Have you tried contacting DISGO support - http://www.mydisgo.info/support

Which wifi module does it use? Are you sure that it is RT2870?

Ok - try this then http://www.digitalgadgets.com/netbooks/RT2870.arm.cab

6No Wifi after re-flashing! Empty Re: No Wifi after re-flashing! Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 17:13

Don

I installed the RT2870.cab file which has overwritten the installed one and shut down then rebooted into wince but still getting the missing USB driver and no wifi icon. So that driver seemed to be installed ok. Looking at the registry I have 2 drivers RT2870 & RT28701, not sure which controls wifi? Is there a switch to initiate wifi ie F9 as on the Sylvania netbook. I have also tried ndisconfig but to no avail. I am mystified!!! but I am sure there is a solution. Maybe if I knew how the registry looked on a working machine in the HKLM/comms area I can compare it to mine.

7No Wifi after re-flashing! Empty Re: No Wifi after re-flashing! Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 17:31

Don

Tried Disgo support & basically do not want to help. This is there reply
Dear Don,
In Regards to Ticket *******
Regrettably, it is not possible to reset a password on the Net Browser device.
If the device is not working as expected, it may have become corrupt which would cause a corrupt password to be set on the device.
This would cause the password you have set initially to not be recognised by the device.
In this event, we would advise that you return the device to the place of purchase under the sale of goods act.
Thanks,
Clever-Stuff Ltd Helpdesk

8No Wifi after re-flashing! Empty Re: No Wifi after re-flashing! Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 8:29

Oto

Master
Master

The you will have to open the netbook up and see what Wifi module you have. On other netbooks it is Ralink RT2870.

9No Wifi after re-flashing! Empty Re: No Wifi after re-flashing! Wed 19 Oct 2011 - 18:46

Don

Hi, is there a way to send you some screen shots of using PHM device manager on my netbook. This clearly show an "unknown serial device on COM:1", plus other shots of all other devices

10No Wifi after re-flashing! Empty Re: No Wifi after re-flashing! Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 8:14

Oto

Master
Master

You need to get registry backup from DISGO netbook from other users as the registry is no longer original for you. This error is either when driver is not loaded right or when the device is connected to different port.

Last edited by otoluk on Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 15:08; edited 1 time in total

11No Wifi after re-flashing! Empty Re: No Wifi after re-flashing! Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 11:47

Don

Thanks for trying so far, will try and get someone nice to make a Disgo original reg backup available and try that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum