open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

Slow Anyka? use it as a Terminal Services Client

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

passatempo

passatempo

Until now, my $100 netbook sucks, so i use it as a Terminal Services Client with the app "cetsc.exe".

You need:

-A Windows PC [i use WinXP]
-Your Anyka netbook
-Ethernet crossover cable
-"cetsc.exe" app on your netbook [available in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]

1. Conect the netbook and PC through the crossover cable.
---wait until both compuers i.e. PC has 169.254.209.135, netbook has 169.254.108.80 (doesnt matter if you have a yellow warning exclamation)

2. Disable Firewall on the windows PC (add an user with a password [mandatory]if you dont use a password to login).

3. start the "cetsc.exe" on the netbook, and enter the IP of the windows PC i.e. 169.254.209.135

4. A windows prompt must pop-up asking for an username and a password.

5. Thats it, you now have a useful netbook with windows xp (at least its not winCE).

*I didnt put pictures 'cause my Anyka bricked yesterday, i'll be messing around with linux to see what i can do.

If you feel you can complete the information on this thread, youre welcome!

king

passatempo

passatempo

if you dont have crossover cable, you can still use terminal services, if youre using wifi [i.e. local network], just enter the ip of the windows PC machine [disable firewall to avoid trouble]

ppeterka

Youngling
Youngling

Hi!

I have Win CE 5.0 on my Allfine 703, and for God's sake I can't find any RDP solution for it... I tried the CE6TSC files, but did not work (it's for 6.0 I assume). Anyone?

Thanks in advance,
PP

http://ppeterka.net16.net

passatempo

passatempo

i've already sold my anyka, couldn't find the linux way. You can search "cetsc.exe", its just one .exe file i think its in this pack, i wrote on an [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I have Win CE 5.0 and works like a charm.

Feel free to ask.

Regards.

ppeterka

Youngling
Youngling

passatempo wrote:i've already sold my anyka, couldn't find the linux way. You can search "cetsc.exe", its just one .exe file i think its in this pack, i wrote on an [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I have Win CE 5.0 and works like a charm.

Feel free to ask.

Regards.

Thank you very much, I took a look at that old post of yours before, but the ad that came up on the file sharing page was too big, and there were no scrollbars, so I couldn't see the download link Smile . I thought that they removed the file - but this time a smaller ad came up, and I'm already downloading the pack. Thank you very much again Smile

I haven't given up the hopes for Linux, though I know it won't be tomorrow when it'll work. First practice, I'm trying to get DOSBox up&running to get to know my way around C and CPP again. I hope to get to be a Knight to take a look at the specs of the Anyka 7802, and then decide what to do...

Edit:
It works like a charm!

http://ppeterka.net16.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum