open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

how do i find out which mini netbook i have with black screen

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

hajo2121

hello out there

i have a mini 7 inch netbook. the label is in chinese, so i dont know wht the model name is.

when i got it through ebay it said: windows ce "system initializing.....please wait" i waited for hours

and i think i remember it was rom version 1.87 but not sure.

after flashing it with rom v 1.86 (that was the closest i could get) the screen stayed black. just the 3 leds flashed up for a mili second.

can anybody help?? where can i find v1.87 or maybe 1.90?? all links in here are down and the ROMS from CnM page dont work.same black screen

thank you in advance

2how do i find out which mini netbook i have with black screen Empty label Sat 14 Jul 2012 - 16:33

hajo2121

the picture from the label

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oto

Master
Master

Rom v1.87 is nowhere to find and others doesn't fit, this is known problem. Netbook is not bricked it can be easy fixed but only if correct rom is found. Somehow need to dump rom from same machine.

4how do i find out which mini netbook i have with black screen Empty thank you Sat 14 Jul 2012 - 22:17

hajo2121

thank you for the information. so would somebody be so kind and post it somewhere... and i will try to get it from CnM. if i get it i post it

Oto

Master
Master

Oh, sorry ROM 1.83 is not to be found. 1.87ROM was some time ago uploaded thanks to genjikid.

Here you go a new link: Anyka-1.87.zip

1.87 ROM are from Augen E-Go

6how do i find out which mini netbook i have with black screen Empty thank you Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 18:02

hajo2121

thank you so much..
...but its the same thing as before. the only one that is left now to try is 1.90 that i dont have either.

i dont know if it is important: before i flashed it the very first time with 1.86 (when it said system initializing.....for hours) i was not able to get into f1 or f2.

would be glad to get some more help

thank you in advance

7how do i find out which mini netbook i have with black screen Empty another pic Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 18:42

hajo2121

here is a pic of the CPU (i think)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oto

Master
Master

1.87 is different it is not the same. But if the original was ROM 1.83 then no luck as other ROMs doesn't fit it.

9how do i find out which mini netbook i have with black screen Empty at least Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 19:17

hajo2121

it was at least 1.87 not 1.83

10how do i find out which mini netbook i have with black screen Empty myabe Sun 15 Jul 2012 - 19:24

hajo2121

but maybe the person i bought it from tried to flash it. when i got it it got stuck at system initializing...... and i dont really remember what version it said 1.87 or 1.89 or 1.90. and i tried all before that

Oto

Master
Master

The "system initializing" is known problem. These netbooks are like time-bombs sooner or later they fail and need a reflash. What causes this is not clear, the filesystem somehow gets corrupted after some use. One reason could be is that these netbooks are made from faulty Flash chips(with bad blocks) as they are cheaper. Good news is that it can be flashed many times as it is not possible to brick it by doing that even if wrong version flashed.

What versions have you tried? I would recommend to try flash 1.87 once more.
Try 1.9 if you didn't - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12how do i find out which mini netbook i have with black screen Empty yes yes yes Tue 17 Jul 2012 - 13:23

hajo2121

yes yes yes... this finally was the correct one.. thank you so much for your effort

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum