open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

I can install and run applications on my Disgo netbook, but they do not run after reboot.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

davic

Hello,

I have successfully installed CEAgenda application on to my Disgo 3000 netbrowser (WinCe 5.0), and It runs fine. I am installing it on my SD storage card. But when I reboot my netbook the application no longer runs. I get the "Cannot find 'CEAgender' (or one of its components)' error. I think this is because when it gets installed in puts dlls in the windows directory. The windows directory get reset on reboot.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone now how to sort the problem?

Thanks.

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

Instead of installing it, try using MSCEInf to extract the CAB file on your PC. Then put the contents of the \Windows folder from the extraction into the application's folder. Then copy that folder onto the SD card and try running it on the Disgo that way.

davic

Hi,

Many thanks for the info. MSCEInf is a great program and now the CEAgenda program keeps running after a reboot.

I just need to work out now where CEAgenda is putting my calendar appointments. Those seem to get deleted after a reboot now.

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

That's the part I can't solve. Most of these netbooks dump the contents of the PIM databases on each reboot too. The best thing I can suggest is to use EzBackup to back up the PIM databases each time you make changes to them, and then restore each time you reboot. There's a download link for EzBackup on this page:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

davic

Many thanks for this information. I will give it a go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum