open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stuck on Windows CE splash screen System Initializing. Please wait - Flashing - failed to inti USB

+5
mmohdy
radu_moisan
whundley
foltz61
stu
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

stu

Hi Guys finally found a promising forum Smile

My books details
version 1.87 hardware version 3.0 cpu: arm926EJ-S 248
Release sv125
Ram128

Basically the book turns on but only displays the following

Windows CE splash screen System Initializing. Please wait

I have gone into F1 and used ZTK to bring up the 6 options

Ive tried all 6 but still gets stuck on that screen. Ive even left it running over 10overs to see if it fixes it self Smile.

So next Ive tried flashing it again with CNM burntool.

Drivers installed all find and device0 says ready, but then i get

failed to inti USB after about 5-15 seconds

Ive also tried running Linux via this thread here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

but to no avail.

Please could you help

Thanks

Stu

stu

After playing around with the burttool i have managed to get to flash 100% but when i turn it on all i get is a flash of the 3 green lights 1.A.Lock.

So its completely dead just like in the

latest findings post.

So now my only option is to try and flash it with 1.9 to see if this fixes the issue. If it does i will make a user guide on how to revive it.

Could someone please provide me with this rom/package

foltz61

I don't understand why these units have a method of repairing via F1 but no software compatible with this method. I'm trying to fix one for a friend. Glad i don't own one. Can anyone give me some details about the cable required to do the CMN method?

Thanks,
Joe

4Stuck on Windows CE splash screen System Initializing. Please wait - Flashing - failed to inti USB Empty Same Issue-Same device Fri 2 Apr 2010 - 22:05

whundley

did ou have any luck with this?

stu

Still no luck, But im just waiting now cuz something will come along. There dirt cheap and many people are buying them.

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

I had the same symptoms you are talking about but I got it working with v1.90 Everything is working just fine now.

For others, just to know where you're at with your software, if the software is hanging in the Windows CE screen with the "Initializing..." info displayed, then it means Windows partition is not OK. The boot process is fine though. Normally a xip reflash would do the trick but at this point I'm not aware of any method to update only the xip,in the future, however, such an option will be available.

foltz61

Okay. I have good news for you and bad news for me. I have a no name netbook with the sam processor and setup as most of you are talking about. I put the nboot folder files (*.nb0) from the anyka.zip on the root of a 1 gig sandisk cruzer flash drive formatted to FAT. I do the F1 and ZTK stuff. I then do the update xip and it does an xip update. I hit 5 to reboot and it just sat there saying reboot. I then reset the netbook to go to the F1. I then stupidly and accidentally did the eboot update. I then did another xip update. Hit 5 to reboot. it just sits there. I let it sit for about 15 minutes and then reset again. Now nothing. The accidental eboot flash screwed me. The keyboard lock keys flash once and athen nothing. So, if you try this, don't puht the eboot.nb0 on the drive. Now, can anybody help me Sad.

Update: Forgot to mention the flash drive was put into the front right usb slot.

Last edited by foltz61 on Tue 6 Apr 2010 - 21:19; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to mention the flash drive was put into the front right usb slot.)

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

I had no success with build-in update solution - I tried all methods that came into my mind but with no outcome (I think it was designed to work with some OEM tool which we don't have). The only method, at this point, is to reflash the device using the BurnTool and the appropriate flash binary, for me it was v1.9. I'm currently working at a WinCE 6.00 bring-up but I still have a lot more work to do. Anyhow, I plan for a build-in update feature for this version but at this point is quite early to talk about it Very Happy

Please contact Admin for v1.9 binaries.

mmohdy

how to download and update XIP and Eboot for PC703

Oto

Master
Master

Download ROM and use included burntool. Why you need an update?

Stark7

Hello,
I have allfine PC703, i have also got same problem as "stu" got, now when i go for updating XIP it gives "Init File system error" and process fails. Crying or Very sad i don't know what it means and i m more frustrated Crying or Very sad when all other 6 options work nothing. now can anybody tell me how to fix it? and get win ce 5 back on this notebook.

waiting for hopeful reply

Stark7

Oto

Master
Master

Do not use front USB ports, try different cable. What cable do you use?

Stark7

Dear ¨Otoluk¨,

i have very little information about reflashing. could u please guide me in this regard that how i can get win ce 5 back, now i have nothing installed on it as splash screen stays for long time. everything formatted. Crying or Very sad
the original win Ce 5 version was in German, i wanted English. i was misguided by a forum and sadly formatted everything. Crying or Very sad
that´s my story......
plz plz help me and i am very tense about it......

regards

Stark7

Oto

Master
Master

i was misguided by a forum and sadly formatted everything

Are you serious? How can you be misguided? By formating disks to get English, where did you read that.

But that is no problem to reflash the device as it is simple process.

Read this document:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stark7

Hello,

Otoluk, thanx for ur advice, but one more thing i have made my own cable and it connected too, but it give ''Fail to init Usb''. Please can u tel me in simple steps. i used ROM 1.86, 1.90. both showed same thing.......

i think ur help in this case will let me go through this crucial time.......... Crying or Very sad

Regards

Stark7

Oto

Master
Master

it means either that cable is not good enough or connect the cable to back USB ports on PC. Set in burntool the RAM to DDR.

parkas

tengo el mismo problema con mi ARM926EJ-S 248 por mas que intento instalarle el windows ce 5.0 no lo logro solo me aparece este mensaje system initializing please wait ayuda por favor si

CharlieTango

Hi all!
I have a similar netbook; mine is Easy PC E70006; Processor is a VIA ARM926, 7 inch display.
I have the same issue; the welcome screen shows the WindowsCE logo and a message "System Initializing, Please Wait..."; only that. I got happy when I found this forum and downloaded the guide to update the firmware, but as it is not the same unit, i can't do much. Could anybody please advice me what to do? I'd really appreciate any help!

Oto

Master
Master

This forum is mainly for Anyka CPU devices so this guide may not help.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum