open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reflashing a Win ce 6.0 netbook, how do i do it

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

baconbuttyman

i just got a little netbook off the bay, the guy passworded it and wont give me the PW, any way so i have researched and found that the only way to bypass it is to reflash, it's a PC703.
Where do i get the roms from and how do i actually flash the unit, i only paid a fiver for it so not bothered if it bricks really, just a gadget to mess with. all help appreciated, please remember i am a numpty when it comes to win ce systems
thanks guys

Oto

Master
Master

Sadly there is still no ROM available for wince6 and there is no flasher util if it is ak8802. The only ROMs are WINCE5. Is it anyka device? What it shows at start, what version of ROM it has? Is there F2 options? If it is anyka device then it is safe to flash it as it is impossible to brick it, only problem that it is not possible to make backup so if no ROM fits, then netbook is not usable.

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

I think some netbooks labeled PC703 have CE 6 with WonderMedia WM8505 processors. Check here for several reflash packages for that processor:

http://www.devio.us/~nextvolume/via_arm/index.php

There's no harm in trying those because they won't flash if the device is incompatible. But you may have to try more than once before you get a fully operational netbook.

baconbuttyman

otoluk wrote:Sadly there is still no ROM available for wince6 and there is no flasher util if it is ak8802. The only ROMs are WINCE5. Is it anyka device? What it shows at start, what version of ROM it has? Is there F2 options? If it is anyka device then it is safe to flash it as it is impossible to brick it, only problem that it is not possible to make backup so if no ROM fits, then netbook is not usable.

this is the page that come one after it says loading os image

Reflashing a Win ce 6.0 netbook, how do i do it Pullar

Oto

Master
Master

but before loading os image what it shows?

baconbuttyman

otoluk wrote:but before loading os image what it shows?

Nothing, black screen

Oto

Master
Master

Then try CE geek suggestion first

baconbuttyman

CE Geek wrote:I think some netbooks labeled PC703 have CE 6 with WonderMedia WM8505 processors. Check here for several reflash packages for that processor:

http://www.devio.us/~nextvolume/via_arm/index.php

There's no harm in trying those because they won't flash if the device is incompatible. But you may have to try more than once before you get a fully operational netbook.

sorry this page is beyond me, can you explain what i need to do please

jabanu

Where I can download windos ce 6.0 for my Chinese netbook

Oto

Master
Master

You can't download and even if there is a ROM there are no tools to flash ak8802.
For other devices(ak7802) it would be possible to create new ROM using BSP tools which are available.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum