open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

Saved favorites gone after closing IE.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jefflongtin

Hi everyone. I first want to thank all of
you for this forum. I would not be asking
this question with out it. My little book
was bricked like many of yours. I was able
to bring it back with the info I found here.

Anyway, does anyone know why when I close
IE, I lose the bookmarks I save? Also when
I try to download something it tells me I have
no space left. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

Anything installed to any location other than \Flash2 is dumped when the device is shut down, so it's no longer there when you reboot. The workaround is as follows:

1) Inside the \Flash2 folder, create a subfolder named Windows. Inside \Flash2\Windows, create another subfolder named Favorites.

2) Using a registry editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/Explorer/Shell Folders. Edit the string value for "Favorites" from \Windows\Favorites to \Flash2\Windows\Favorites.

Done and done.

jefflongtin

Thanks CE Geek. I appreciate the help. Could you recommend a reg editor?

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

I usually use Tascal Registry Editor:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

jefflongtin

Thanks CE Geek! Ihave downloaded the program but when I attemt to install, it says it is not a valid type for this system. is there any ticks toget this to install?

thanks again,

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

If you're saying the ARM CAB file won't execute, that's common on CE 5 and 6 devices. You can extract the CAB on your PC using MSCEInf:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

Im going to try a different web browser, but will they have the same problem?
Is there a way to use the sd card more so more ram is available for programs?

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

Yes, you can run almost any program from the SD card, but you don't lose any available RAM if you install programs into the NAND storage folder (\Flash2). As for using an alternative browser, you may run into the same issue as I believe the others will also look to the same registry key to see where to store Favorites. Opera Mini (and maybe Zetakey Browser) may be an exception, but I'm not sure about that either. There is a thread in these forums about someone getting Opera Mini working on the Anyka.

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

I installed miopocket... somewhat confusing. Im a linux guy. The installer asked me to select the internal storage, i didnt know which folder or drive to choose so picked the one that was already selected, which I think was root (/). Probably wasn't the right choice. The desktop lost its background and few other bugs I cant fix. Miopocket doesnt auto run so I have to go to the sd card and manually start it after booting the netbook. Miopocket is awesome, opera and IE come with it and bookmark(favorites) can be saved.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum