open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to copy a file in WINDOWS dir?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to copy a file in WINDOWS dir? Empty How to copy a file in WINDOWS dir? Sat 15 Jan 2011 - 10:00

noovas

Hi
My question is how to copy a file in the Windows directory?
When I restart the device the file is not there anymore.
I have a registry editor program!!! but I dont know what to look for in it.

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

Create a second \Windows folder inside the \Flash2 folder. Then, using your registry editor, go to HKLM/System/Explorer/Shell Folders and edit the value for Windows from \Windows to \Flash2\Windows. Close the registry editor and restart the device. From then on, copy any new files you want in \Windows to \Flash2\Windows instead.

3How to copy a file in WINDOWS dir? Empty Re: How to copy a file in WINDOWS dir? Sun 16 Jan 2011 - 21:15

noovas

I change it, but it is not working. The file is in the new Windows directory, but still ask me for driver name after restart.

4How to copy a file in WINDOWS dir? Empty Re: How to copy a file in WINDOWS dir? Sun 16 Jan 2011 - 21:19

noovas

I dont know what will happen if I change and: Program files, Programs, StartUp or My documents. Can I brick the device?

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

No, changing those won't brick the device. (Changing Programs and StartUp will allow you to keep the shortcuts in those folders.) As for the original file, what happens when you type in the driver name?

6How to copy a file in WINDOWS dir? Empty Re: How to copy a file in WINDOWS dir? Mon 17 Jan 2011 - 16:41

noovas

I am typing the name, but nothing happens, still asking me to write the name. When I copy the file to the original Windows directory it is working. Maybe I have to change something else in the registry.

Oto

Master
Master

Try this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do you have this problem?: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum