open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

Software repository and developer toolchain

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ffxx68

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to this platform, but not to FW hacking/rev-eng (see for example my *glorious* [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I'd like to start working on this one too.

What I'd like to know is if there's a common software repository, for our creations, or if you have some good reference to provide about. Also, I'd like to understand what is the most common developer toolkit that one should have at hand, for both WinCE and Linux.

thanks
Fabio

PS _ hoping to gain as many points as possible soon. Smile

Last edited by ffxx68 on Thu 11 Nov 2010 - 21:51; edited 1 time in total

ppeterka

Youngling
Youngling

ffxx68 wrote:
What I'd like to know is if there's a common software repository, for our creations, or if you have some good reference to provide about. Also, I'd like to understand what is the most common developer toolkit that one should have at hand, for both WinCE and Linux.

Welcome!

AFAIK, there is no such repo for us "newcomers", but I don't know if such exists for the Knights. But it would be extremely welcome, since for example I am almost absolutely virgin when it commes to disassembling/rev.engineering, but have general programming skills (as I make a living out of it...). So under the supervision of some people more knowledged regarding the architecture, I could be useful... But that again needs a CVS.

As I know, for WinCE platform development, the Platform Builder is to be used, there is a free 120 day trial version.

For WinCE app development, there is the standard Visual Studio, but GCC is also available for WinCE, see the CeGCC project on sourceforge.

As for Linux - I don't know... The problem is that the core is a standard run-of-the-mill ARM926ej-s, but the other peripherals are not that well known. HaRET is a must, and I think some of the knights succeeded in firing up the kernel, but AFAIK, that's where the projects stand right now.

ffxx68 wrote:PS _ hoping to gain as many points as possible soon. Smile
It won't be me, who stands in the way Wink

http://ppeterka.net16.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum