open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

windows initalizing - forever!

+3
jefflongtin
Oto
Leejasonsmith
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26windows initalizing - forever! - Page 2 Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Wed 25 May 2011 - 19:37

Leejasonsmith

Youngling
Youngling

hi guys, me again. you still there? went back to the old notebook (piece of crap) the other day. i need to reflash the thing. i've got everything i need, the software, the cable. problem i'm having is the usb boot bridge. i've tried bits of wire and screwdrivers, but to no avail. what i did next was to remove a section of the casing and solder a piece of wire across the points. still no use. let me run through a couple of points as i understand - maybe i'm missing something. there seems to be a square of four points on the bottom edge of the board. i'm assuming its the lower two that are the usb boot points. i've got a photo but can't see nowhere to upload. if i have correctly bridged then when plugging in usb cable netbook will not turn on. i will get some kind of notification from pc (xp) new device detected. anyone any ideas?

27windows initalizing - forever! - Page 2 Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Fri 27 May 2011 - 15:48

Oto

Master
Master

the dl_jumper and USB_boot is the same switch. If correctly jumped the netbook shouldn't turn on when connected to PC with USB cable.

28windows initalizing - forever! - Page 2 Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Wed 1 Jun 2011 - 9:36

Leejasonsmith

Youngling
Youngling

Ok. Dl_jumper don't mean nothing to me? Like i said there's a square of four points. Are you saying can bridge both left to both right? Maybe if bottom two not working then top two might?

29windows initalizing - forever! - Page 2 Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Wed 1 Jun 2011 - 15:22

Oto

Master
Master

DL_JUMPER is the two pins that need to be connected together, USB_BOOT is 4 pins(for SMD switch) or just all 4 pins should be connected together. Read the forum there were some nice pictures regarding this.

30windows initalizing - forever! - Page 2 Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Fri 10 Jun 2011 - 15:12

Leejasonsmith

Youngling
Youngling

Done it! Where i was going wrong was bridging wrong points. My mistake in only viewing photo on two inch phone screen, and making assumption! Used to be a guy i worked with used to write assume. Break it up and tell me that when we assume we make an ass of you and me! Once i was bridging correct points went good. Only point that worried me was when came to nandboot. Couldn't find
nboot128.bin. Had got a nboot64_ddr_v5.0.bin though so used that. Seems to have worked, certainly booted up ok. Not really used it yet though

31windows initalizing - forever! - Page 2 Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 10:52

epc702

hello and sory for jacking the thread.

i got a problem here as with most of you guys, and the problem is that my netbook EPC-702 does not went pass the bootscreen. and yes, i did the mistake of erasing my NAND drive. so i've read that the netbook can be flashed with the v1.90 ROM and so far i've downloaded it. my question is, what other tools do i need? do i just download the ROM zip file and that all i need?

32windows initalizing - forever! - Page 2 Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Sat 15 Oct 2011 - 15:49

sidelined

hi guys sorry to hijack the thread.. i have a allfine pc703 trying to nand flash it but i have no cn2 jumper or usb boot jumpers on the board.. opened the machine up and in all pics i have seen there is a jumper to the left of the reset switch.. mine does not have this any ideas...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum