open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mio pocket 3.0 works fine on Anyka Netbooks

+5
atomico
banderkin80
sterken64
16bithovercar
Intron
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Intron

Intron
Youngling
Youngling

What is MioPocket?
MioPocket (MEE-oh-pok-it) is an "unlock" for GPS devices (aka PNAs) running Windows CE. Such devices almost always boot into the manufacturer's software with no way to exit it, meaning that you cannot run any other software; i.e. the device is "locked." Unlocking your device allows you to use it for far more than the manufacturer intended (ex. for music, movies, appointments, other navigation apps, etc.) and more like a PDA. MioPocket is the most-packed and most-fully-featured unlock for PNAs available and is free and legal to use, as it consists 100% of freely-distributable content. What MioPocket is not is a replacement for MioMap, Mobile Navigator or any other OEM navigation software. It is just a frontend from which you may launch the navigation software that comes with your device or that you purchase separately.

What types of programs does MioPocket come with?
MioPocket comes with just about everything that you might want: three media players (video and audio, nearly all popular formats, including MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, MP4, H.264/AVC, WMV, MOV, DivX, XviD and more), four e-book readers, multiple dictionaries (including English to 5 languages), dozens of games, two image viewers, two paint programs, MS Office document viewers, text editors, handwritten note-taking apps, four general GPS plotting/mapping apps (good for geocaching), three different appointments/tasks apps, internet apps, registry editors, task managers/switchers, file managers, a contacts app, a calculator, a unit converter, an alarm clock and more (all free/shareware). See the Readme file for a full list. Note: MioPocket does not come with MioMap, iGo, Garmin, TomTom or any other commercial navigation software. Icons and scripts are included for them, but not the programs, themselves (since they are not free).

And it works fine on Anyka Netbooks.

But choose the 3.0 version, not the 4.0 one, which is based on touchscreens and is made for iphones and this types of devices.

Here's a link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But be carefull and make a backup of your registry first, while miopocket will change it and some informations from the original will be lost. It's not a mess, but if you want to not use miopocket after, better have a registry backup.

Have fun. farao

16bithovercar

Knight
Knight

Cool Intron, thanks for the link! When I get a chance from studies, I will definitely take a look at that. Maybe it can serve as an all-around media player.

Intron

Intron
Youngling
Youngling

The pleasure is mine!
farao

sterken64

Hello Intron,

Thanks for the link !
I installed 3.0 on my anyka AK7802 minibook, and it works like a charm.
That is what i was looking for: not that crappy CE look, but colorfull
icons and cool gadgets.
Especially the cool PDF readers.
now i can have my technical documents at hand at all times.
Again: THANKS !

Greetings from the dutch guy.

banderkin80

Youngling
Youngling

Intron wrote:

farao

HOW STEP-BY-STEP PLZ!!!!

atomico

banderkin80 wrote:
Intron wrote:

farao

HOW STEP-BY-STEP PLZ!!!!

Yes, i want to know too, please. is it like another OS? Do we have to flash it?

Oto

Master
Master

no it is not flash but a program bundle. You will need to reflash if you would like to remove it later or at least have a registry backup.

atomico

yes, thanks, yesterday i found out how to install programms, mio pocket and opera: place your programms as near as possible to the 'storage card' folder, so do with the opera folder. the same with mio pocket but you have to take the 'mio pocket auto run' file out of the main file from mio pocket and just place it next to it(so also directly to the 'storage card'), then you must go to the main file('MioPocket 3.0 Release 49') and click on 'mioautorun'-icon to install the bundle

...et voilá ! Smile

...but i have some questions:

some programms of mio don't work like JBPianopPlus

do i have a chance to get this programm work somehow?

i guess it would be exciting to compose music with our very special device (i also hope that soon i get adobe flash working that i can work with the internetsequencer inudge !)

is it normal that first the winCE desktops boots and then the mio desktop? it takes much longer to boot instead without mio.

or maybe do i have to fix something like maybe booting mio (more?) directly from SD if possible?

and soft reset for example is also not working. i wanted to put a black blank desktop to mio but the system hangs up while trying to reboot

and the opera icon from mio also don't work. i have to go to the net via explorer tree

thank you for any ideas!

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

Im confused on how to install programs and how I should use the SD card and or usb storage.
I want to use youtube and facebook

lacaguama

Thanks man!!!

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

I love miopocket, it works good except how do I make it start automatically when I turn the netbook on. Where should I have choosen for the inyernal storage during the installation? I choose root(\) which I think was wrong.

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

You can do the registry edit I've mentioned elsewhere to move the StartUp folder to \Flash2\Windows\StartUp, and then copy a shortcut link to Miopocket there. It'll boot Windows CE first, and then open Miopocket as soon as it gets to the desktop screen.

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

Thanks CE Geek, I see MioPocket has registry editors, I will give one of those a try. I have two of these netbooks now, going to try installing MioPocket on the second netbook to the \Flash2 this time.
Does it take any computing RAM away using the \Flash2 Storage instead of an SD Card?

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

No. The flash storage module is completely separate from the RAM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum