open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

fix screen?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1fix screen? Empty fix screen? Mon 13 Sep 2010 - 4:55

freeasinpizza

I bought a netbook on ebay about 5 months ago and have been using every day since until yesterday. My 4 year old decided that she wanted to copy me and as I picked up my book to clear the table, she did the same to my netbook, but dropped it. The entire bottom of the screen is gone, and I can't make out what it says above that. How can I copy my files? Alternatively, is there any way to fix the screen?

2fix screen? Empty Re: fix screen? Mon 13 Sep 2010 - 20:03

Oto

Master
Master

Sad. I have read somewhere that these LCD cost around 60$ don't rememmber where. It is cheaper to buy a new one mini netbook. You will have to dissasemble it to get the part number. Remove the 4 black knobs and under them there are screws.

Is the LCD cracked? Or just partialy blank, maybe it is just disconnected. If it is broken, can I ask for a little experiment, try to heat it with heat gun a little and then peel the plastic layer and see if the LCD becomes glare or still matte. I would like to replace the layer with refleective layer as it doesn't look too nice with matte.

About files it should be possible if windows boots you can put an USB stick and copy everything on it. Click "Zzz"+R keys it will open run window. Then type CMD and in command window type "cd \flash2" and then "copy *.* \hard disk" without ". It should work

3fix screen? Empty Re: fix screen? Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 2:16

lgreen6

i have a epc netbook 7" Pink i do not know any thing about it i payed £10 for it but the screen has broke and i do not know where to get a new one is this model the touch screen, im confused

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum