open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

Augen ego black screen fix

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Augen ego black screen fix Empty Augen ego black screen fix Fri 18 Jan 2013 - 13:34

kash24

Am sorry for dragging out dis dinosaur, it looks like everybody has accepted defeat cos the last post was mad 2yrs ago. I was hopping some advancement must ve been made in respect to the augen ego netbook not accepting any firmware flashing. I was clean up my ward rope when I found my augen net book still in the same condition "black screen with a flash on the led indicators. Pls if there is any new development that can help I will be very grateful. Thnaks

2Augen ego black screen fix Empty Re: Augen ego black screen fix Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 13:47

Oto

Master
Master

Need to find someone who has working machine and dump the firmware.

3Augen ego black screen fix Empty Re: Augen ego black screen fix Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 14:53

kash24

Thanks man, but how do I dump the firm ware can you point to a good tutorial or give me a steps to follow. I will very grateful.

4Augen ego black screen fix Empty Re: Augen ego black screen fix Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 15:31

Oto

Master
Master

Not so easy and is not free, need a interface box to dump - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Software dump programs can't get access to whole ROM as it is protected.

5Augen ego black screen fix Empty Re: Augen ego black screen fix Sat 2 Feb 2013 - 16:27

kash24

Thanks a lot for your response, will try to get the device and c

6Augen ego black screen fix Empty Re: Augen ego black screen fix Sun 3 Feb 2013 - 1:48

Oto

Master
Master

You could ask some local mobile service shop if they have box for flashing china phones(mostly Anyka CPU). Mcnbox is not the chepeast there are others too, maybe can find some used on ebay. Also I can't be sure that it will work as I do not have the box for test.

7Augen ego black screen fix Empty Re: Augen ego black screen fix Thu 16 Jan 2014 - 21:51

krusta

So I am back 2yrs later - still the same porblem with the eGo
Power led on - green light blink and black screen
Is there a flash rom that can be downloaded now?

8Augen ego black screen fix Empty Re: Augen ego black screen fix Thu 16 Jan 2014 - 22:19

Oto

Master
Master

There are some news. I had made some progress for compiling found burntool sources which could also allow to dump the ROM from working machine. Tool compiles now but need to fix issues with USB recognition so there still is a hope.
Of course best option would be to get android on these devices then at least it could be used for something and not only as paper weights as Windows CE is rather old.

9Augen ego black screen fix Empty Re: Augen ego black screen fix Thu 16 Jan 2014 - 22:20

krusta

Droid - Linux - whatever works
I still got the green led blink ones and that's it
Point me to droid or whatever can work
Thanks

10Augen ego black screen fix Empty Re: Augen ego black screen fix Fri 24 Jan 2014 - 22:42

Oto

Master
Master

This could work if ported to ak78 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11Augen ego black screen fix Empty Re: Augen ego black screen fix Fri 24 Jan 2014 - 22:45

krusta

Oto wrote:This could work if ported to ak78 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

any instruction how to port it?
I am lost at the compiling of linux
//thanks

12Augen ego black screen fix Empty Re: Augen ego black screen fix Sun 26 Jan 2014 - 1:30

Oto

Master
Master

I am also not a linux developer so have no idea how to port it. There aren't much differences between ak78/ak88 and ak98 so should be simple.

There is some board Pogoplug/Popocloud/Popobox v1.0 for which apparently it works

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum