open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

First success

+12
LarcBP
DrBob
16bithovercar
max_punktezahl
Intron
zautner
scordoba
zaphod
Khephren
nsantos
usr
nisma
16 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1First success Empty First success Sat 26 Jun 2010 - 11:20

nisma

I have sucessfull run linux on ak7802 notebook.
Currently without bootloader, now i need to hack eboot and then
replace it with uboot.

2First success Empty Re: First success Sat 26 Jun 2010 - 12:01

usr

That's excellent news.
If you need someone to test anything then I'm happy to give it a go as my cnmbook isn't exactly very usable with Win CE. I only got the thing in the hope that I'd be able to put Linux on it.

3First success Empty Re: First success Sat 26 Jun 2010 - 15:30

nsantos

sees the private msg nisma

4First success Empty Re: First success Sat 26 Jun 2010 - 18:23

Khephren

Youngling
Youngling

Nice one, how well did it run? GUI or text only?

5First success Empty Re: First success Sat 26 Jun 2010 - 19:07

nisma

Gui, currently the trick is to install gapi for haret.
I have loose many hours on that before i realize this.
This using CE5, on CE6 you need a custom compiled haret that switch to kernel mode
for the user that have upgradet to win 6.0 or higher.
For haret, ramaddr is 0x30000000 and ramsize 0x4000000 (64M)

6First success Empty Re: First success Sun 27 Jun 2010 - 0:23

zaphod

Youngling
Youngling

Great job nisma. I'm also in for some beta testing, if possible. bounce
Please share a little more of you knowledge, so more people can join in.
For example, which distro did you use ?

Thumbs up and regards,
zaphod

What a Face

7First success Empty Re: First success Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 8:51

scordoba

Congratulations nisma (I tried haret without success some weeks ago... )

Please share your knoledge. And If we can help you , please tell us.

Best regards

8First success Empty Re: First success Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 13:18

zautner

scordoba wrote:Congratulations nisma (I tried haret without success some weeks ago... )

Please share your knoledge. And If we can help you , please tell us.

Best regards
Yeah, it would be nice to have a detailed explanation on what steps should be done to launch Linux.
BTW, How's the user experience? Are you happier now?

9First success Empty Re: First success Fri 16 Jul 2010 - 16:16

Khephren

Youngling
Youngling

So nisma & radu_moisan post interesting results, then vanish.
Did they brick their machines and then replace with V8500/8505's? we may never know!

I'm getting a V8505 machine soon, it's a shame this site does not deal with all these mini books.
I'll do a bench mark on it in comparison to my Anyka when it gets here, and let you all know.

10First success Empty Re: First success Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 12:14

Intron

Intron
Youngling
Youngling

Congratulations!
Maybe this will be a real alternative to win ce! Please tell us how to proceed, so we all can have a profit of it.

GREAT JOB! Very Happy

11First success Empty Re: First success Tue 17 Aug 2010 - 11:20

max_punktezahl

nisma,

I tried haret with your ramsize and ramaddr settings, gapi is also installed (this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] No success with VT8505 extracted kernel from abrasive [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . Which kernel do you use, the easypc linux 2.0 kernel? ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )
Or a custom kernel?
Which SoC is used in our machines? I think haret is an option to run Linux permanetely, eboot hacking to uboot can be dangerous.

Greetings

Andreas

nisma wrote:Gui, currently the trick is to install gapi for haret.
This using CE5, on CE6 you need a custom compiled haret that switch to kernel mode

12First success Empty Re: First success Sun 22 Aug 2010 - 10:22

16bithovercar

Knight
Knight

nisma wrote:I have sucessfull run linux on ak7802 notebook.
Currently without bootloader, now i need to hack eboot and then
replace it with uboot.

Excellent.

Note, HaRET is a bootloader - ish. Razz Do you have your specs for the netbook you're working on? Alternatively, can you provide the .bin for it before boot? That would be even more helpful as I am looking into a way to load linux on MS's Device emulator. I am thinking it might make flashing easier if it were possible to set it up partially in a more accessible Host machine. Haven't moved to much into that yet though.

Khephren wrote:
Did they brick their machines and then replace with V8500/8505's? we may never know!

I'm getting a V8505 machine soon, it's a shame this site does not deal with all these mini books.
I'll do a bench mark on it in comparison to my Anyka when it gets here, and let you all know.

Are you referencing the the chips (VT850x)? That would be a pain to do, although interesting. I have been reading on the interwebs that many of these boards are designed to easily swap hardware but that is for the distributor more than the personal level. Still I would guess that would take some crazy serious EE skillz.

There exists an excellent thread on the ubuntu forums that discusses the work on those SoCs. Is located here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It should be noted that once the kernel is fully ported and supported, as a user, it shouldn't make too much a difference as they are both ARM architectures. Just './configure && make && make install' anything you need.

13First success Empty Re: First success Mon 13 Sep 2010 - 6:08

DrBob

Andreas,

Not sure if you realize this, but the VT8505 is not the same as the AK7802(which this thread is about). So, I am not surprised if you can't boot an image on the AK7802 meant for the VT8505.

max_punktezahl wrote:nisma,

I tried haret with your ramsize and ramaddr settings, gapi is also installed (this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] No success with VT8505 extracted kernel from abrasive [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . Which kernel do you use, the easypc linux 2.0 kernel? ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )
Or a custom kernel?
Which SoC is used in our machines? I think haret is an option to run Linux permanetely, eboot hacking to uboot can be dangerous.

Greetings

Andreas

nisma wrote:Gui, currently the trick is to install gapi for haret.

14First success Empty Re: First success Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 12:32

LarcBP

Who this is possible...
i tested the HaRET but no success on Anyka

15First success Empty Re: First success Tue 12 Oct 2010 - 10:30

george128

Hi,
Could anyone please send me kernel patches for ak7802?
What driver support status now? Does LCD and keyboard work?

16First success Empty Re: First success Thu 4 Nov 2010 - 18:56

zaw10

zaw10

hi,,,,could u pplease tell me how to make a fresh install of linux on ak7802 ??

17First success Empty Re: First success Fri 5 Nov 2010 - 18:06

rosariob1981

You can help me to install linux on ANYKA AK7802TQ21605, i'm italian user, sorry for my very little english.

I use burn tool for restore nad etc...
I have

Version:1.90
Hardware Version:3.0
CPU: ARM 926EJ-S 248MHz
Release SV122
RAM: 128M
Video decode:1

i have tryed sd, usb stick... but nothing,, no boot

Actually the netbook run original wince5 system, but i wont install linux in this little netbook...Help Meeeeeeeeee Wink

Hello, I standby for response Hello... and sorry for my little english.. Shocked

18First success Empty Re: First success Mon 23 May 2011 - 2:37

jarvistang

Android is just starting to be built into tablets and netbook computers. At this point, only phones are really supported - I am running it on my Nexus One phone. I also run Debian Linux on embedded ARM boards I work with. It works on systems with 32-64MB of RAM so your 128M system should work very well. If the system does not have a CD/DVD player, then you should be able to install from a USB thumb drive. You can get the minimal installation disc image from here: Debian -- Network install from a minimal CD and if you don't have a CD reader, then use Unetbootin to create a live USB drive from either Windows or Linux, which you can get from here: UNetbootin, Universal Netboot Installer | Download UNetbootin, Universal Netboot Installer software for free at SourceForge.net

which i find in
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

while, i don't have a linux core,somebody try it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]