open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changing OS

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Changing OS Empty Changing OS Wed 12 May 2010 - 9:36

WookaszT

Hi,
Can anybody inform me is it possible to change OS in this netbook?
I want to use Polish language but as far as I know WIN CE is not supporting so I was thinking about changing to some other OS, for ex. WIN 95 but I have no idea if it's possible.
Thank you in advance.

2Changing OS Empty Re: Changing OS Wed 12 May 2010 - 9:56

Admin

Knight
Knight

WinCE Better for ARM Netbooks than others

https://mininetbooks.forumotion.com

3Changing OS Empty Re: Changing OS Wed 12 May 2010 - 10:26

WookaszT

OK. Thank you then.
But is it possible to change it?

4Changing OS Empty Re: Changing OS Thu 13 May 2010 - 7:31

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

All desktop versions of Windows (95, 98, Me, 2000, XP, etc) can only run on Intel x86-based processors. They will not run on an ARM device.

5Changing OS Empty Re: Changing OS Thu 13 May 2010 - 7:56

WookaszT

OK, so it's last question.
Is there any kind of OS of course except WIN CE that can run on ARM device?

6Changing OS Empty Re: Changing OS Thu 13 May 2010 - 9:37

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

Some Linux builds are supposed to work, but as my user name suggests, I'm more familiar with Windows CE than with Linux. There is, however, a Linux forum here, so I'd suggest asking there.

7Changing OS Empty Re: Changing OS Thu 13 May 2010 - 9:45

WookaszT

Thank you again.

8Changing OS Empty Re: Changing OS Thu 13 May 2010 - 21:24

Khephren

Youngling
Youngling

ARM is used to power many OS and devices, most are Linux based, Like Android, Maemo (soon to be Meego), Iphone, Bada and Linux itself. Some are not linux based, such as windowsCE, Symbian (formerly Psion EPOC),PalmOS.

Linux, Symbian, Android and Maemo are all open source.

Laptops similar to ours have or are in the process of having Linux ported to them. But they are generally a bit faster than ours, with 128MB ram.

marles

Hi! I have a notebook from Selar, model EPC 730 with WinCE 5.0 in Dutch language and I can't get used to it Sad. Where can I download the English version of this SO? Can someone please help me?

10Changing OS Empty Re: Changing OS Thu 22 Nov 2012 - 6:01

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

That's a slightly different netbook from the Anyka devices covered here. The English equivalent was marketed by a now-defunct company called 3K Computers, and that version was called the RazorBook 400 CE. Fortunately, a download link is still out there for the ROM package for this device. It's on the HPC:Factor site:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

To access the download, you'll have to register as a member (which is free and easy), and then click on the "Support and Tutorials" link on the top of the page. On the next page click on the link for "H/PC:Update" and select the above device name in the drop-down menu, followed by selecting the operating system version (CE 5.0). The next page will show a few download links, including one named "ROM images." Click on that, and then download the file described on the next page. It's a ZIP file with the OS image file plus a desktop computer tool for converting and copying that file onto an SD card. Instructions are also included. Be advised that it may take more than one attempt to install the OS image file correctly on the SD card.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum