open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

Progress ?

+5
rosariob1981
dgoose
dshad
Djiff
softdurga
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Progress ? Empty isnow its possible? Sat 3 Apr 2010 - 8:52

softdurga

Youngling
Youngling

linux working or still reSERCH GOING ON? BECAUSE I DIDNT UNDERSTAND YOUR TERMS

2Progress ? Empty Progress ? Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 13:30

Djiff

Hi everybody,
I'm new here and happy to find a board about this netbook!
I'm very interested on install linux on this netbook but i don't understand everthings.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here I can see that there is some files to "understand" how "install linux"
But i didn't see positive answers ?

Is it now possible or not?
what are the problems today?

3Progress ? Empty Re: Progress ? Mon 14 Jun 2010 - 1:41

dshad

Djiff wrote:Hi everybody,
I'm new here and happy to find a board about this netbook!
I'm very interested on install linux on this netbook but i don't understand everthings.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here I can see that there is some files to "understand" how "install linux"
But i didn't see positive answers ?

Is it now possible or not?
what are the problems today?

Have you got any answer? I'm looking to install Linux on my ARM netbook and after reading this forum, I'm still not sure if it's possible or not.

Thanks

4Progress ? Empty arm926 linux Tue 29 Jun 2010 - 1:01

dgoose

hi
I have this netbook that does nothing the os is wince .....iwant to change to linux here is some info please help [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5Progress ? Empty Helppppppp :=) Fri 5 Nov 2010 - 12:34

rosariob1981

You can help me to install linux on ANYKA AK7802TQ21605, i'm italian user, sorry for my very little english.

I use burn tool for restore nad etc...
I have

Version:1.90
Hardware Version:3.0
CPU: ARM 926EJ-S 248MHz
Release SV122
RAM: 128M
Video decode:1

i have tryed sd, usb stick... but nothing,, no boot

Actually the netbook run original wince5 system, but i wont install linux in this little netbook...Help Meeeeeeeeee Wink

Hello, I standby for response Hello... and sorry for my little english.. Shocked

6Progress ? Empty Re: Progress ? Sat 6 Nov 2010 - 15:51

Captainclaw

It cannot be done yet.

7Progress ? Empty Re: Progress ? Sat 26 May 2012 - 14:08

Pog

Padawan
Padawan

Correct me please if I am wrong, but I would suggest at his point (26 May 2012), to have an Arm Linux distri to test, would be to settle a Task Force Team with the NetBSD foundation. They have experience of running their OS on really various devices ("Of course it runs NetBSD"), and they would be please to received a 7" ak780x notebook to implement their OS, and we could share experiences to have Linux running too.

But I suppose that it is up to the Knights to take into account this suggestion and decide how developments must be undertaken.

8Progress ? Empty Re: Progress ? Mon 28 May 2012 - 10:24

Oto

Master
Master

I think the limitation is that there is no programmers guide for anyka CPU and that drivers for other devices(LCD, network, keypad, keyboard, audio) are missing.

9Progress ? Empty Re: Progress ? Tue 29 May 2012 - 11:58

Pog

Padawan
Padawan

It is not uncommun ! Same things with x86 emu Linux under PocketDOS where drivers fd0, fd1 and hda would be greatly appreciated !

10Progress ? Empty Re: Progress ? Mon 2 Jul 2012 - 22:51

grayfox386

we just need to beter share the info we have and to get involed as many people as we can that have ported linuxs to other systems like the netbsd project or the debian people

11Progress ? Empty Re: Progress ? Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 17:19

Pog

Padawan
Padawan

CASI (Anonymous Contribution on Internet)- HaRET booting non optimised kernel for a particuliar device? That's wrong.-

Some contributors have quoted :

"Embedded devices are often very different. While devices with the same SoC share a considerable amount of things, they still can be quite different when it comes to RAM, Flash, address decoding CPLDs (Complex Programmable Logic Devices), etc.."

"You'll get kernel output by finding out where your serial port is and by supplying the proper console= command line to your kernel."

"Output : where do you get it, on the LCD display or on the serial port?
If you get it on the serial port, then probably you've problems with programming the clocks inside the CPU. I had to use a very strange clock in my board-specific board-setup code (I compiled my own kernel for my CPU)."

"I think some people have tried increasing RAMADDR (and decreasing RAMSIZE) so that haret loads the kernel after the framebuffer. You could try that, but I think it may also require changing the kernel to know about the new address as well."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum