open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

latest findings

+2
Admin
radu_moisan
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26latest findings - Page 2 Empty Re: latest findings Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 12:15

Admin

Knight
Knight

radu_moisan wrote:...and finally I managed to build successfully, but without multimedia support. I haven't tested it yet though. Hope I'll do that today and if successful then I'll share this first build with you guys just to have a WinCE 6.0 fill and look on our gadgets bounce

a big step !!

https://mininetbooks.forumotion.com

27latest findings - Page 2 Empty Re: latest findings Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 12:27

Admin

Knight
Knight

Is there a good power management system in ce6 allows us to increase battery life?

28latest findings - Page 2 Empty Re: latest findings Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 13:51

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

Hi Admin,
I don't have prior experience with WinCE 5.0 so I can't tell much from my experience, but as I documented on the net, it seams that WinCE 6.0 introduces a lot new features mainly focusing on faster responsiveness from OS and application layer. Another feature implemented is to support user mode drivers which means we can add drivers on the fly. As far as the power management goes I can't tell much, I suppose it should be at least as good as it was in WinCE 5.0

29latest findings - Page 2 Empty Re: latest findings Wed 17 Mar 2010 - 8:06

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

I tried to boot up with my new build image but no luck so far - it hangs in Anyka logo screen at startup. Eboot seems not to work at all, so I tried with the old eboot, producer and nboot, only changed the xip, but still no luck. I wil brainstorm further on this Sad

30latest findings - Page 2 Empty Re: latest findings Wed 17 Mar 2010 - 8:34

Admin

Knight
Knight

radu_moisan wrote:I tried to boot up with my new build image but no luck so far - it hangs in Anyka logo screen at startup. Eboot seems not to work at all, so I tried with the old eboot, producer and nboot, only changed the xip, but still no luck. I wil brainstorm further on this Sad

if 128m version xip load failure, try to build a image of 64m ram version.

31latest findings - Page 2 Empty Re: latest findings Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 9:48

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

Hello guys, I thought to post some comments about my latest work. I haven't reached any important milestone unfortunately but I did progress.

First of all I think Admin's suspicions about having 64M RAM are correct. Phisical RAM is only 64M but can be manipulated in configuration and exposed as 128M (with the rest of 64M residing on FLASH).

I manged to build a variety of OS's ranging from a typical PDA platform to a thin client version (with or without debug enabled or other memory constrains enabled or disabled). The bad news is that all this images won't boot neither on real hardware nor on WinCE Device Emulator. My suspicion is that configuration is not consistent with regard to memory layout. In other words I think startup code is never reached. This happens both for bootloader and OS.

I still have my doubts about what exactly nboot does and what producer does. Producer image is based on the same template as eboot but still is a lot shorter, so a lot of functionality is removed. I can tell for sure that Producer has no partition designed to retain it in nonvolatile memory so it must run in RAM, but then I don't see the point in running it at all, because with BurnTool all necessary images are downloaded. I also noticed that producer and eboot have the same run address in RAM, so again I find no practical use for Producer image. Having all that being said, I must mention that Producer and eboot and not 100% identical (considering the eboot code inherited by producer).

Anyway, I don't anticipate problems with drivers so eventually I think I'll be able to boot something Very Happy I'll start with fixing the bootloader.

32latest findings - Page 2 Empty Re: latest findings Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 13:29

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

just to put some numbers, maybe someone may come with additions, memory mapping is as follows:

.......(VA)........|.........(PA).........|........Obs.
0x80000000..|..0x30000000..|..(128/64MB)RAM
0x88000000..|..0x20000000..|..1MB on-chip ram or flash
0x88100000..|..0x08000000..|..1MB on-chip ram or flash
0x88200000..|..0x48000000..|..1MB on-chip L2 cache
0x88300000..|..0x70000000..|..1MB USB
........??..........|..0x10000000..|..2GB flash (not 100% sure)

RAM space is further divided in partitions and reserved areas. Coming up soon ...

33latest findings - Page 2 Empty Re: latest findings Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 8:38

juergen

juergen
Knight
Knight

I think, this is usefull for you!

http://hpcmonex.net/romstuff.htm

The ROM Dump Programs are working well! :-)

Regards
J.

34latest findings - Page 2 Empty Re: latest findings Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 11:18

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

taken into consideration. Thanks juergen.

35latest findings - Page 2 Empty Re: latest findings Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 21:57

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

And finally ... I've just booted WinCE 600 on my Anyka Netbook cheers Unfortunately it's just an empty image and it would make no sense to share it with you guys yet (and so far I can power-up and boot successfully only by plugging in the usb, it also happens with WinCE 500 - pressing the power button it gets me stuck somewhere in the bootloader). Anyway, for me it is a big step, and I thought to share with you. I'll keep doing what I do Very Happy and keep you posted. If someone is doing the same thing please share your thoughts sunny. Soon as I have a bootable image (from the power button) with some basic applications loaded and working I'll post that xip right away.

Until next time .... take care.

Radu

36latest findings - Page 2 Empty Re: latest findings Wed 21 Apr 2010 - 7:23

Admin

Knight
Knight

radu_moisan wrote:And finally ... I've just booted WinCE 600 on my Anyka Netbook cheers Unfortunately it's just an empty image and it would make no sense to share it with you guys yet (and so far I can power-up and boot successfully only by plugging in the usb, it also happens with WinCE 500 - pressing the power button it gets me stuck somewhere in the bootloader). Anyway, for me it is a big step, and I thought to share with you. I'll keep doing what I do Very Happy and keep you posted. If someone is doing the same thing please share your thoughts sunny. Soon as I have a bootable image (from the power button) with some basic applications loaded and working I'll post that xip right away.

Until next time .... take care.

Radu

!!!!!!!!!!! today is radu_moisan day !!!!!!!!! windows mobile 6 is upon earth.

37latest findings - Page 2 Empty Re: latest findings Fri 23 Apr 2010 - 17:29

stu

Thats excellent news. Im still trying to recover mine as it wont boot. All i get is 3green lights flash when i press the on button.

38latest findings - Page 2 Empty Re: latest findings Sat 24 Apr 2010 - 11:23

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

It happens to me to with WinCE 600 when I press power button, and I investigated it in serial output and it seems it does not pass the bootloader stage, and I mean it doesn't reach the point in which it loads the WinCE image. That is because, in my case the power goes down immediately after I release the power button. It works though if I hold the power button pressed or if I plug whatever usb cable(so it can draw power from it). Anyway, in your case I think the nboot.nb0 is not the wright one. Producer.nb0 doesn't make sense to be the problem since it does pretty much nothing at boot time(it handles .nb0 files download and partition manager for flash), but eboot.nb0 on the other hand might be with problems because is the one calling the start-up functions for WinCE. Check if you have the proper board for V1.90 rom files, it should work, in my case worked from the first try. If you have other board try with the other versions available form CMN

39latest findings - Page 2 Empty Re: latest findings Sat 24 Apr 2010 - 19:38

stu

radu_moisan wrote:It happens to me to with WinCE 600 when I press power button, and I investigated it in serial output and it seems it does not pass the bootloader stage, and I mean it doesn't reach the point in which it loads the WinCE image. That is because, in my case the power goes down immediately after I release the power button. It works though if I hold the power button pressed or if I plug whatever usb cable(so it can draw power from it). Anyway, in your case I think the nboot.nb0 is not the wright one. Producer.nb0 doesn't make sense to be the problem since it does pretty much nothing at boot time(it handles .nb0 files download and partition manager for flash), but eboot.nb0 on the other hand might be with problems because is the one calling the start-up functions for WinCE. Check if you have the proper board for V1.90 rom files, it should work, in my case worked from the first try. If you have other board try with the other versions available form CMN

Thanks for the info, i really need to start looking into this project

40latest findings - Page 2 Empty Re: latest findings Mon 9 Aug 2010 - 6:11

auyidi

Thanks for your work radu_moisan. Any luck with porting WinCE 6.0 onto the machine? I recently purchased a similar model (rebranded by VisualLand) that's running WinCE 5.0, but I'd like to get WinCE 6.0 running on it. Most of the discussion threads have been dead ends. Hopefully you can provide your latest findings or a link to a solution/discussion. Thanks in advance.

41latest findings - Page 2 Empty Re: latest findings Sun 5 Apr 2015 - 10:42

Sergey18

Hello! In the forum post https://mininetbooks.forumotion.com/t12p15-latest-findings#122 reference to library anyka unfortunately I do not have access to this section of the forum. Please send Library mail zobr18@mail.ru. Thanks in advance. Sorry for my English translation machine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum