open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

windows initalizing - forever!

+3
jefflongtin
Oto
Leejasonsmith
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1windows initalizing - forever! Empty windows initalizing - forever! Mon 1 Nov 2010 - 6:59

Leejasonsmith

Youngling
Youngling

hello all! am hoping someone can help. i brought one of these netbooks off ebay, and am very happy with it, believe it or not. it does what i want it to do. or did. one day i turned it on and it just freezes in the windows loading screen. i can press f1 and enter the code zkt, or whatever, and get the menu, and i think i've tried every option, but to no avail.

I've downloaded the vt8500 and vt8ooo, and copied the script folder to an sd card, but again no use!

on start up, before the windows screen, i get

version:1.90
hardware version: 3.0
cpu arm926ej-s
release sv122
ram 128
video decode 1

there's no brand name on the case, unless RoHS is the make? would dearly like to get the thing working again

2windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Mon 1 Nov 2010 - 10:43

Oto

Master
Master

Great, you formatted your device and now it is clean Very Happy Didn't you read what were the options under F1? Neutral

But there is a simple fix just get a straight USB-USB cable and reflash with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. All details are on this forum, just read.

3windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Thu 4 Nov 2010 - 16:39

Leejasonsmith

Youngling
Youngling

Thanks. will try this. have found active link and downloaded 1.9 and will ask mate borrow usb to usb cable and then need to find best way to bridge usb boot whatever!
I know i'm jumping the gun here but is it possible for me to run linux or android on this thing?

4windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Sat 6 Nov 2010 - 20:15

Oto

Master
Master

Bridge jumper using small scissors, wire or tweezers. No linux yet and no there will be no android ever(the hardware is too weak).

5windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 0:36

Leejasonsmith

Youngling
Youngling

have extracted files to c:\ they have all ended up in a folder titled 111. contains

lang (folder)
m3_usbdriver (folder)
nboot (folder)
burn
burntool
config
partition
zt-670software recognition
zt-670etc...

should i rename this folder - does it matter what its called? need to go shopping, my mate does not have usb to usb. still not sure about bridging usb boot - i can't very well hold a pair of scissors or piece of wire over points whilst reflashing netbook. come on guys, be real! i need some kind of clip. i'll find something

6windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 15:52

Oto

Master
Master

It doesn't matter how the folders are called.

Sadly there is no clip, see the guide from cnmbook with photos how to find the jumper. Then remove battery(but remain it connected) and by a flashlight find the jumper(no need to open the netbook). I use small angled scissors Very Happy as they fit tightly and doesn't need to hold it while flashing. If it is too hard for you then there is no other option as to solder a microswitch in place of jumper holes, it is not soldered in the first place to save costs (remember - cheap netbook for 100$ ). Twisted Evil

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

7windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 16:55

Leejasonsmith

Youngling
Youngling

Many thanks. will give it a bash when i pick up usb lead

8windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 16:57

Leejasonsmith

Youngling
Youngling

Many thanks. will give it a bash when i pick up usb lead

9windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Sat 13 Nov 2010 - 23:13

Leejasonsmith

Youngling
Youngling

nother prob! popped into shop today to buy usb lead. Guy asked me what i wanted it for. i told him and he said a simple usb to usb could damage both machines. due to voltage on both ends. said i needed a more expensive cable with a "box of tricks" in the middle. I said i'd ask some guys who'll know

10windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Sun 14 Nov 2010 - 14:12

Oto

Master
Master

Yes, you need the "killer" cable simple straight USB-USB, no need of box in middle. Just don't use it to connect PC to PC(host to host) the guy is right, but to connect PC to netbook(host to slave) with no problems as it safe. The netbook can work in both the host and slave modes without damages.

If you can't find the USB-USB or it is too expensive try to buy a crossover adapter and use any printer cable. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Tue 18 Jan 2011 - 3:58

Leejasonsmith

Youngling
Youngling

Hi guys. gave it a bash the other day. no luck. netbook kept turning itself on. presume this is because i'm not effectively bridging usb boot points. its very difficult. thinking of soldering wire. am getting desperate. Have laptop with vista. presume mobile device manager kicks in automaticaly?

12windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Tue 18 Jan 2011 - 5:43

Leejasonsmith

Youngling
Youngling

Ps. at no time did i get box saying new hardware detected

13windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Tue 18 Jan 2011 - 13:25

Oto

Master
Master

Try to bridge USB_boot jumper then. It shouldn't turn on when jumper is connected even if windows do not recognize.

14windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Wed 19 Jan 2011 - 1:20

Leejasonsmith

Youngling
Youngling

Tried! got a pair of tweezers with sharpish points. thought bridge pretty good but just kept turning on. Have removed piece of case for access

15windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Wed 19 Jan 2011 - 9:30

Oto

Master
Master

Is the USB cable straight, not the crossover?

16windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Thu 20 Jan 2011 - 1:12

Leejasonsmith

Youngling
Youngling

Believe so. didn't know there were two kinds! its a usb to usb and cost me about four quid?

17windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Sun 23 Jan 2011 - 19:35

jefflongtin

Hi folks,

I would like to ask a question about a problem I have that pertains to this particular situation. Is it ok to post here or should I start a new thread?

Thank you.

18windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 11:54

Oto

Master
Master

Go ahead

19windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Fri 28 Jan 2011 - 4:29

jefflongtin

Thank you and sorry for the delay. I just didn't want to hijack the tread. But since my opening post I have been able to answer my own question. With the bits and pieces I found on this forum, I was able to get my netbook running again.

Thanks to all who post.

20windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 12:08

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

My friend asked me to fix his netbook for a challenge.

I have:
Version 1.9 ARM926EJ-S 248MHz 128M

Wont boot past Windows Initializing screen

If I hit F1 on bootup (ZTK password)then choose 6.Reboot - then it boots normally.

21windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 12:15

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

The netbook boots intermittently with my trick.
What are the the other boot menu options for?
I assume I should reload Windows CE
I made a usb male to male cable (Not a cross wired one)
Im confused how to get/download the 1.9 Rom and how to use it.

22windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 20:30

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

I found and downloaded the 1.9 rom. I am assuming I use the procedure from the cnmlifestyles website. I was hoping to find better instructions here.

23windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Mon 14 Feb 2011 - 2:47

jefflongtin

Hi.
I see you got the rom downloaded but did you get the burn tool?

If you follow the instructions on the cnmlifestyles page, you will be just fine. Read them once or twice before you try just to get familiar with the sequence.

Just a couple of tips to help you out.
1. Install the usb driver from the burn tool package.
2. Set up the burn tool software.

1. the password for the burntool settings is anyka.
2. make sure you have DDR selected for ram type.
3. on the Wince/mobile page, make sure the windows mobile checkbox is not checked.
4. make sure you have shorted the jumper before plugging in the usb cable.

Good luck

24windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Mon 14 Feb 2011 - 6:47

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke

It worked like a charm. Thanks for those tips.
There are a few things I would like to fix now that I think are inherent to the O/S:
facebook and youtube do not work...better web browser?
cannot bookmark or save favorites.
theme or desktop background?
game emulators?
SD/usb storage/ram use?
Is there a place on this forum for these topics?

25windows initalizing - forever! Empty Re: windows initalizing - forever! Tue 15 Feb 2011 - 8:04

ppeterka

Youngling
Youngling

ifdavecantfixitaintbroke wrote:It worked like a charm. Thanks for those tips.
There are a few things I would like to fix now that I think are inherent to the O/S:
facebook and youtube do not work...better web browser?
cannot bookmark or save favorites.
theme or desktop background?
game emulators?
SD/usb storage/ram use?
Is there a place on this forum for these topics?

Hi!

I've been helplessly trying to convince people to use a wiki as a knowledgebase instead of this forum, to no avail... Youtube needs a separate app (CorePlayer), for Facebook I don't know, never tried it on this machine... However I'd try with Opera Mini, ver. 3 works on these things. If no success, then I'd try searching a dedicated Facebook app for WinCE.

As for other apps (emulators, etc), search this forum for the user "passatempo", he has some links to many apps, most of which do work on this machine.

Favorites and bookmarks storing is possible, it is written on this forum, but I have not done that yet on my netbook.

Flash usage is possible for apps, but I'm not sure of SD usage. USB drive usage is IMHO not possible for apps. But I might be wrong on that.

http://ppeterka.net16.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum