open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keyboard problems... Any solution?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Keyboard problems... Any solution? Empty Keyboard problems... Any solution? Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 21:14

ppeterka

Youngling
Youngling

I found that when typing quick, I frequently push two buttons at the same type. I discovered this because on my Allfine, if I type like that, the second key pressed is doubled... You can try it, push and hold button A, then while still pushing, push and hold button B, and then release button A, while still holding button B.

What will appear is:
ABB

By the way, my key repeating doesn't work.... If I hold a button, it will never start to repeat. I checked that in Control Panel, the repeating is checked, and the rates and timing is set correct. No matter how I set it, it won't repeat.

Are you noticing the same problems? This must be a software problem, since connecting an external keyboard (which is perfectly working with my XP notebook) does not solve the problem. Works perfectly, but shows both problems... ROM update?

http://ppeterka.net16.net

ppeterka

Youngling
Youngling

I got no answers... Does this mean that noone else has this problem? Maybe I should try flashing with another ROM?

CE Geek

Knight
Knight

I had a similar problem with my Konaki Netbook Wonder (another Anyka netbook), and a few others have reported similar issues with their Anyka-based netbooks over on HPC:Factor. No one seems to have figured out what the problem is. It may just be a hardware Achilles' heel in the device.

Oto

Master
Master

Yep, that the way it is. The repeat is not working for internal keyboard altrought it is not clear from keyboard controller specification if repeat is supported.holtek ht95a

Maybe try to disable(close) kbdhook application called - Sysmgr(startupapp.exe) which controls shourtcut F1-F12 keys and snaps screenshots using PrtScrn button and then see what happens.

Last edited by otoluk on Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 21:57; edited 1 time in total

ppeterka

Youngling
Youngling

otoluk wrote:Yep, that the why it is. The repeat is not working for internal keyboard altrought it is not clear from keyboard controller specification if repeat is supported.holtek ht95a

Maybe try to disable(close) kbdhook application called - Sysmgr(startupapp.exe) which controls shourtcut F1-F12 keys and snaps screenshots using PrtScrn button and then see what happens.

Well, as far as I can see, this IC is a keyboard matrix to USB/PS2 converter. I don't think we have the problem here, since if I plug in an external USB keyboard, the problem remains the same. (If I plug the keyboard into my fullsize laptop, every button works perfect, and repeats as it normally should, but if I plug it in my Anyka netbook, nothing repeats...)

I think that there is a problem with handling the key up and key down events by the keyboard driver software...

If I would be adventuruous enough, I could try to unsolder the USB pins of the HT95A1, and hotwire it into an USB on my laptop, but I just don't feel like that now... (I need my mini tomorrow to use on a meeting Smile )

Edit: I tried killing Sysmgr.exe - didn't help... Sad But Alt-F4 wouldn't work anymore after killing it.

Last edited by ppeterka on Sun 7 Nov 2010 - 20:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New information)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum