open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

latest findings

+2
Admin
radu_moisan
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1latest findings Empty latest findings Mon 8 Mar 2010 - 15:15

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

Hello guys,
I thought I should post some comments about my latest findings. First, as seen in case of CnM net-books we have some files that we are interested in. The windows image is xip.nb0 but along with this one is very probable to have a similar nboot.bin and eboot.nb0. I still don't know yet what is about that Producer.nb0

Anyway as far as I can tell at this point, studying the partitions I found that nboot is a quite small bootloader and it doesn't do much, it's mainly used to load WinCE as quick as it is posible.

On the other side eboot is a more advanced bootloader. I has a lot of capabilities among which is flashing/reflashing each partition, as necessary. The problem at this point is that I do not know how to load eboot at startup. It may be a hidden combination of keys or maybe USB_boot short on mainboard would do the trick. I have to try this one. I haven't yet since all human interfaces is done though UART messages and I could'n find time to solder the wires and do all that adaptation stuff it requires to hook it up to PC COM - but I'll do it soon Very Happy

Once I entered eboot I should be able to do a lot of thinks with Platform Builder. For instance one other feature would be to load a custom build of WinCE directly into ram, without making any change to the installed system.

One other thing that I want to share with you is that it should be an Updater already into flash, but again I don't know how to load it. The loader itdelf is part of eboot, but it's partition is not. That means it has a dedicated partition intended for system restore. It should have a backup in there.

Ok folks, that was it for now. I hope to have new information next time. Very Happy

I almost forget, if anyone wants to add some more info on this king of stuff, please come forward.

2latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Mon 8 Mar 2010 - 17:08

Admin

Knight
Knight

very valuable informations!!
as a hobby person,my irresponsible conjecture in the following

I guess there has a swtich fuction in one variant bootloader.(F1 switch enable)
the variant show "Press F1 key to update system" to lead user into eboot or wince directly. this fuction has be disable(hidden?) in current cnm' version.

Last edited by Admin on Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 9:20; edited 3 times in total

https://mininetbooks.forumotion.com

3latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 7:38

Admin

Knight
Knight

hi,radu_moisan

i have uploaded a oldest version, it has a variant bootloader. Hope it can help you

http://rapidshare.com/files/360946403/Upgrade.zip

sorry,i find eboot.nb0 still don't contains the word “press F1”

4latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 13:24

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

Indeed, that F1 switch is part of nboot. nboot is probable capable of doing some basic updates, like downloading an .nbo binary file and writting it to a predefined address.

Eboot, on the other side, is issuing user messages and takes input through UART based consoles. This video might be usefull (demo part especially). I already manufactured a UART to RS232 adapater and I intend to check it out this evening. If I manage to interact with eboot... well...then it would be one milestone checked on our road map cheers. I will post some pictures with how the connections are made and how to proceed (if I get lucky and it works ). Very Happy

5latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 13:40

Admin

Knight
Knight

radu_moisan wrote:Indeed, that F1 switch is part of nboot. nboot is probable capable of doing some basic updates, like downloading an .nbo binary file and writting it to a predefined address.

more likely, F1 swtich is part of eboot.bin because I find "Press F1 key to update system" shown at the bottom of the BIOS Startup Screen. F1 swtich run more later than nboot.

6latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Tue 9 Mar 2010 - 16:04

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

u're right Admin, I found the entry too in the eboot.nb0 Still it does not show within the source files. Anyhow, the important thing is the system is entering eboot by itself, case in which I should be able to catch something on UART, and see from then on ...

7latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Wed 10 Mar 2010 - 9:30

Admin

Knight
Knight

radu_moisan wrote:u're right Admin, I found the entry too in the eboot.nb0 Still it does not show within the source files. Anyhow, the important thing is the system is entering eboot by itself, case in which I should be able to catch something on UART, and see from then on ...

I found the F1 SWITCH be supported by ROM IMAGE version higher than 1.80

8latest findings Empty first experiment Thu 11 Mar 2010 - 9:39

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

Well, I started last night troubleshooting my new UART adapter. No luck Sad I got some characters in my terminal but nothing comprehensive.

After some time, annoyed by lack of results, I tried the Anyka Burn Tool available form CnM guys. At first I encounter the same problem as others, failed to initialize the USB, but after a while, playing with Channel number, I managed to get is initialized and the process run smoothly. The bad part is the Version 1.86 (and bellow) available at these guys doesn't mach our devices, so, of course, it didn't work. The even worst part is that it flashes nboot, eboot and xip with a prior format of associated partitions. So at this point my device is dead dead. Nothing is comming out of it, except an indication like "Aspen2_bios" on serial debugger, when the usb_boot bridge is in place.

The good thing, after this experiment is that we have a working tool that can download images into flash. Another good thing is that I managed to find the memory layout (it has two files config.txt and partitions.txt) so I can further dive on this.

The bad thing, however, is I have to build my own eboot and later my on xip images, and this may take some time.

That's it for now, looking forward for your feedback.

9latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Thu 11 Mar 2010 - 9:49

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

Well, I started last night troubleshooting my new UART adapter. No luck Sad I got some characters in my terminal but nothing comprehensive.

After some time, annoyed by lack of results, I tried the Anyka Burn Tool available form CnM guys. At first I encounter the same problem as others, failed to initialize the USB, but after a while, playing with Channel number, I managed to get is initialized and the process run smoothly. The bad part is the Version 1.86 (and bellow) available at these guys doesn't mach our devices, so, of course, it didn't work. The even worst part is that it flashes nboot, eboot and xip with a prior format of associated partitions. So at this point my device is dead dead. Nothing is comming out of it, except an indication like "Aspen2_bios" on serial debugger, when the usb_boot bridge is in place.

The good thing, after this experiment is that we have a working tool that can download images into flash. Another good thing is that I managed to find the memory layout (it has two files config.txt and partitions.txt) so I can further dive on this.

The bad thing, however, is I have to build my own eboot and later my on xip images, and this may take some time.

That's it for now, looking forward for your feedback.

10latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Thu 11 Mar 2010 - 9:51

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

I will try this evening with Version 1.90. Thanks Admin. I will try to build a new eboot anyway since I need serial debug enabled and in production releases it seems not to be.

11latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Thu 11 Mar 2010 - 9:56

Admin

Knight
Knight

radu_moisan wrote:I will try this evening with Version 1.90. Thanks Admin. I will try to build a new eboot anyway since I need serial debug enabled and in production releases it seems not to be.

try 1.90! it can save you.

12latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Thu 11 Mar 2010 - 10:05

Admin

Knight
Knight

radu_moisan wrote:The even worst part is that it flashes nboot, eboot and xip with a prior format of associated partitions.

don't worry , I guess updater don't need nboot or eboot. when usb_boot short ,the ak7802 will work like a ak2334, it download ROM to flash.

13latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 10:04

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

It did work, thanks Admin.

14latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 10:26

Admin

Knight
Knight

radu_moisan wrote:It did work, thanks Admin.

welcome back, v1.9 save world Very Happy
what is your ram memory size?

15latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 11:07

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

I have 2G flash and 128MB ram.

16latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 14:51

Admin

Knight
Knight

radu_moisan,
can you tell me What is written on the RAM chip?

17latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 16:12

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

Well, at this point I can't tell for sure about what and where. Config.bib file might give you a first look but keep in mind that address space is virtual so as long as we are not sure how PA-VA is mapped we cannot make assumptions about what might be loaded in RAM. The source files have a lot of #ifdef's and is hard to follow in some sections. But I have a good feeling about RAM being at PA 0x30000000 and mapped as VA at 0x80000000. Considering your question is about Win image and not bootloader, I assume RAM will contain some space reserved for Applications (App cotext) and some for kernel library (like Xip/nonXip DLLs) but could be also other components of Win image.

Anyway, I rather not jump into any conclusion yet since I still have a lot to digest concerning this issue.

18latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Fri 12 Mar 2010 - 16:21

Admin

Knight
Knight

radu_moisan wrote:Well, at this point I can't tell for sure about what and where. Config.bib file might give you a first look but keep in mind that address space is virtual so as long as we are not sure how PA-VA is mapped we cannot make assumptions about what might be loaded in RAM. The source files have a lot of #ifdef's and is hard to follow in some sections. But I have a good feeling about RAM being at PA 0x30000000 and mapped as VA at 0x80000000. Considering your question is about Win image and not bootloader, I assume RAM will contain some space reserved for Applications (App cotext) and some for kernel library (like Xip/nonXip DLLs) but could be also other components of Win image.

Anyway, I rather not jump into any conclusion yet since I still have a lot to digest concerning this issue.

I do not mean it , Smile I just want to know What is written on your RAM chip On the mainboard,such as "NT5DS32MXXXXX"..
latest findings 322087-ram

19latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 15:46

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

Hi Admin,
I would gladly tell you the chip number of my ram but the thing is, I slightly modified my case to route out the UART connection and is quite difficult for me at this point to open it. If it's of big importance this number let me know and I'll make time for it and open the case.

With concern to my latest findings, I've been trying for the last couple of days to compile a WinCE 6.0 image. The problems I'm facing at this point are with regard to display - it seams to be incomplete. The folder ..\SRC\AK_PRIVATE\DRIVERS\AKDDK contains the following folders:

DDK_2D
DDK_CRITICAL
DDK_ENCODE
ddk_mem
ddk_reg
DLL

whitin which the first three are empty and are included in build path. The error I get is with regard to ANYKA_DDK_2D.lib which seams to be missing. Do you have any knowledge about this library.

PS: the lib directory should be
%_WINCEROOT%\Platform\%_TGTPLAT%\lib\ARMV4I\debug\ or
%_WINCEROOT%\Platform\%_TGTPLAT%\lib\ARMV4I\debug\
in my case is
C:\WINCE600\platform\AK780X\lib\ARMV4I\debug\

This library might not be the only one missing, the build stoped, so I can't tell.

Thanks.

Last edited by radu_moisan on Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 16:25; edited 1 time in total

20latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 16:19

Admin

Knight
Knight

radu_moisan wrote:Hi Admin,
I would gladly tell you the chip number of my ram but the thing is, I slightly modified my case to route out the UART connection and is quite difficult for me at this point to open it. If it's of big importance this number let me know and I'll make time for it and open the case.

NO importance, no importance, I just suspect that there are not a real 128m version machine that its price is less than 100 dollars.

With concern to my latest findings, I've been trying for the last couple of days to compile a WinCE 6.0 image. The problems I'm facing at this point are with regard to display - it seams to be incomplete. The folder ..\SRC\AK_PRIVATE\DRIVERS\AKDDK contains the following folders:

DDK_2D
DDK_CRITICAL
DDK_ENCODE
ddk_mem
ddk_reg
DLL

whitin which the first three are empty and are included in build path. The error I get is with regard to ANYKA_DDK_2D.lib which seams to be missing. Do you have any knowledge about this library.

Thanks.

I will go looking for what is lost.

21latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 16:30

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

With regard to your suspicion over RAM size I can tell the looking trough code I noticed that they work with only 64M but I though it might not be of real interest at driver level and maybe Windows will handle the rest by itself. But maybe you are right.

22latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Sun 14 Mar 2010 - 18:13

Admin

Knight
Knight

hi,radu_moisan

due to my friend, this may take a few days to get lost files. don't worry,Do something else code first.

23latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 7:20

Admin

Knight
Knight

hi,radu_moisan

some code don't be open by anyka,but anyka provides some libs as an alternative.lucky,I get them. there are all libs file. just put them in \AK780X\lib\ARMV4I\retail\

get all libs from:

https://mininetbooks.forumotion.com/knights-club-f2/all-libs-of-wince-bsp-t25.htm#141

Last edited by Admin on Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 17:48; edited 2 times in total

24latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Mon 15 Mar 2010 - 11:15

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

thanks admin, that's all I need... hopefully Very Happy

25latest findings Empty Re: latest findings Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 9:51

radu_moisan

Knight
Knight

...and finally I managed to build successfully, but without multimedia support. I haven't tested it yet though. Hope I'll do that today and if successful then I'll share this first build with you guys just to have a WinCE 6.0 fill and look on our gadgets bounce

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum