open mini netbook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
open mini netbook

open project of mini netbook, 7'' ARM netbook

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Video file format for anyka and wince

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

themountie

Guys i have been trying diffrent formats on the media player on my anyka
mp4 format plays but dithers and judders every 30 sec
3gp works well be quality is not so good
any ideas

Khephren

Youngling
Youngling

What player are you using? TCPMP/core player is normally pretty good.
Are you playing from SSD (internal storage) or SD card? SSD should be faster.

Stan

I have the same problem with my AK7802 netbook, even using the excellent TCPMP. I suspect the problem lies in the fact that the AK7802 doesn’t have a Digital Signal Processor (DSP) and only runs at 248Mhz.

I have a Maplin MID that uses a Telechips 480Mhz CPU + 480Mhz DSP and TCPMP performs very well indeed viewing the same files that the Anyka can’t.

You may be able to resample your files to reduce the demand on the CPU to make them play more smoothly but the quality will, no doubt, be reduced to.

I’d probably stick with AVI files and experiment to find a sample rate that the AK7802 can cope with.

Video manipulation is not my area of expertise, I’m afraid.

Khephren

Youngling
Youngling

the Anyka processor has hardware video aceleration, the problem is,it does not have a native GAPI driver to take advantage of this. I think GDI is currently what we use.

Currently any GAPI driver we use is emulated, rather than native, so is a lot slower.

Here's what the chip should accelerate:

Video Processor
MPEG4.SP codec
H.264 decoder
H.263 codec
Motion JPEG codec

Audio Processor
MP3 decoder
WMA decoder
64-polyphony MIDI synthesizer
AAC/AAC+ decoder
AMR codec
Support real-time audio stream in PCM/ ADPCM format

Image Processor
JPEG HW codec
2D Graphics Accelerator

from: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some benchmarks for GAPI (from a HP Jornada 720)
without:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

with:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm not saying we would achieve these levels, but mine is so close to playing ripped DVD's, it would not need much of a boost to get there. Would help a lot of games/emulators as well.

We need to give these guys: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
€15 and details of our display controller hardware. Unless anyone has an Anyka machine with native GAPI?

passatempo

passatempo

not me, i've been messing around with GAPI with no good results... i tried to run some versions of doom or quake but no luck

examiga

i convert the videos to vcd format with my xp notebook. Switch off buffering of the core player.
i ditn't have success with higher bitrates or resolutions than vcd.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum